• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Hawken PR3500 From Dixie Gun Works…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has the Kentucky got set triggers? My one has not..... It`s a Bugger to shoot.
There are some versions of the Pedersoli Kentucky that do have set triggers. Cabelas used to offer one that did not have the patchbox, but did have set triggers. Look at @B P Maniac Shooter ’s Pedersoli Kentucky Flintlock, for an example.

There are some versions of the Pedersoli Kentucky that do have set triggers. Cabelas used to offer one that did not have the patchbox, but did have set triggers. Look at @B P Maniac Shooter ’s Pedersoli Kentucky Flintlock, for an example.
Yes...the American version of Pedersoli KY's are dual triggers.
I believe those sold in Europe are single trigger guns.
Here's mine when I first got it in 2013.
(Its not that pretty anymore..!! )

1BP .jpg

From my experience the Pedersoli Kentucky is a well made and nicely finished rifle. When I got mine it came with both the Flint & Caplock sets so you can just switch from Cap to flint and back. The single trigger is it`s downfall and to be honest it`s the one sidelock I have that rarely gets used due to that reason. Yesterday I took My Pedersoli Hawken/ Lyman GPR and the Kentucky to the range. The Kentucky came home not being shot where the other 2 had a fun session.
If mine had the set triggers it would be used a hell of a lot more.

From my experience the Pedersoli Kentucky is a well made and nicely finished rifle. When I got mine it came with both the Flint & Caplock sets so you can just switch from Cap to flint and back. The single trigger is it`s downfall and to be honest it`s the one sidelock I have that rarely gets used due to that reason. Yesterday I took My Pedersoli Hawken/ Lyman GPR and the Kentucky to the range. The Kentucky came home not being shot where the other 2 had a fun session.
If mine had the set triggers it would be used a hell of a lot more.
I have the Pedersoli Pennsylvania Dixie Rifle in .45 percussion. It has a 42” barrel, patchbox, and dual set triggers. It is a suhweet rifle.

Well, I won’t be getting one now, Jedediah Starr contacted me saying I’ll receive a refund, apparently it got severely damaged somehow before they shipped it. On to look at Dixie gun works I guess lol.

Let us know what you decide on. The Pedersoli Hawken, Investarms Hawken and the Pedersoli Kentucky are all straight shooters but the set triggers in my opinion are a must. Good luck.

Decided on the Percussion Gemmer Hawken in 50 caliber. With the current price point of Pedersolis and the hit and miss on quality, I decided on the Gemmer, I figure if it has any problems, Im only 4 hours from Muzzle-Loaders in La Grande so return shipping should be easy. :)

Good Choice. I have the Lyman Great Plains , Same gun made by Investarms as I understand. Love it. Good trigger 1-66 twist. Likes a tight ball and patch combo but it`s a tack driver. Took me a while to get it shooting right and wasn`t till I added a second patch of worn bed sheet on top of my usual ticking patch that the rifle came to life. One ragged hole at fifty meters stuff. 90grains homemade powder, .495 ball, tight patch all set off with a plastic toy cap and a dribble of black powder inside the cap held in with hair spray.

I honestly think you have made a brilliant choice.

Good Choice. I have the Lyman Great Plains , Same gun made by Investarms as I understand. Love it. Good trigger 1-66 twist. Likes a tight ball and patch combo but it`s a tack driver. Took me a while to get it shooting right and wasn`t till I added a second patch of worn bed sheet on top of my usual ticking patch that the rifle came to life. One ragged hole at fifty meters stuff. 90grains homemade powder, .495 ball, tight patch all set off with a plastic toy cap and a dribble of black powder inside the cap held in with hair spray.

I honestly think you have made a brilliant choice.
Thanks by the way, I know it is a fast twist but, have you ever shot a conical in it?

1-66 or 60 is a slow twist but I get what you mean. I tend to shoot round balls out of all my muzzleloaders 1-48 & 1-66 twist, even the .577 Snider. The Deer we have here are the Red Deer so considerably bigger than say your White Tail. The 50cal round ball is sufficient for them out to 100 yards.

Latest posts

Back