• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Back Action Rifle in percussion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been absent for a while as life got in the way. Anyway, I have a question, and hope some of you can answer them.
this Rifle was purchased about 1985 ish, and never shot much.
it is a Pedersoli with a back action lock In percussion. .54 caliber, walnut stock. The barrel is just under 32” long. It looks like a Hawken rifle. I shot it the other day and it is fairly accurate, allowing for horrible buckhorn sights. I’m certain with better sights, it would be very accurate. Does anyone know the model name of this rifle?
it’s very nice looking, with case hardened hardware.
I have found nothing like it on the Pedersoli web site except the Tryon target rifle. That one is a .45 caliber.
any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0061.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Pedersoli made the Tryon in 45, 50 & 54 calibers, and a deluxe version with German silver hardware and lock engraving. Yours is a fine rifle and should give you years of service.
It is indeed a Tryon. Several versions were made, all built on the base model like yours. Mine is german silver mounted in .45. They are uncommon on the used market, and run about 50% or more above the used price of a T/C Hawken in top condition.

Thank you very much guys! I will pursue improving the sights As fast as I can. I will go with a peep sight as our club does not forbid their use.

I have been poring over sights. I put a Lyman peep on my kit built Hawken, and it works very well. However, I am not sold on the way it looks. Anyone have any recommendations on a tang mounted sight that would work? Also, if anyone knows the twist, it would be appreciated. .45 Tyron is 1/44 I think.

Latest posts

Back