• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli flint sxs shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The English side by side flintlocks were the best you could get at the time. Handle an original and then handle a pedersoli. The difference is obvious. However, a pedersoli is way cheaper than an original high quantity English gun by a lot, unless you run into a great deal!

$2500 will get you into a shooting original.
If i can find one that is a shooter. There is an auction house near me that has gun sales a couple times a year. Had some percussion but never flint double guns. The gun shows within a couple of hours of my house only have poorly maintained percussions .

Pulled the trigger so to speak. Buffalo Arms had the Deluxe in stock for $2047+shipping and 3% for using a credit card.
Came today.

Question to those who have one. Is there something other than the ramrod, wedge and hook breech holding the barrel in. I don’t want to force it and break something. Are the locks tight enough to hold barrels in?

Pulled the trigger so to speak. Buffalo Arms had the Deluxe in stock for $2047+shipping and 3% for using a credit card.
Came today.

Question to those who have one. Is there something other than the ramrod, wedge and hook breech holding the barrel in. I don’t want to force it and break something. Are the locks tight enough to hold barrels in?
Figured it out. Didn’t have captured wedge completely out. Ramrod does not hold barrel at all .

Has anyone who actually owns or had owned the Pedersoli flint used a single ball or is this gun only good for shot? I have been surfing the net and people are suggesting its use.
Just asking , have other “rifles “ for ball shooting.
Yes, I own 2 of these beautiful flint shotguns. The first one I bought, 2017 made, did need smoothing out on the frizzen springs and the triggers lightened up. It shoots great now. The second one I bought, 2019 made, did need the frizzen springs lightened some but was otherwise perfect. Triggers are nice and smooth. Because I am 5'8 the stocks are cut to 12.5 inches, butt plates ground down so I can put slip on recoil pads on them. The first one has had the bright furniture color case hardened and is absolutely beautiful. The second one is about to have the same done. I love mine and they are both lightening fast and throw beautiful patterns. For deer I shoot .60 cal round balls out of the Imp Cyl right barrel only. #1 or #3 buckshot out of the left light modified barrel. 70 to 82 grains (2 1/2 to 3 dram) of 3Fg OE or Swiss, 2 leather over powder wads, 1/4 inch lubed wool felt, shot or patched RB then another 1/4 inch lubed wool felt wad to seal the bore. I use bees wax and olive oil on the felt wads so that they are still fairly stiff/hard but pliable. Again, I really like mine. Parts are easy to get and I like having the choked barrels. I have never owned any factory produced shotgun, cartridge or muzzleloader that I have not had to do some sort of work on. Again I absolutely love mine.

$2500 will get you into a shooting original.
Where do you see these please? Can you list websites please? Also, a flintlock original, at that price $2500, that is still reliable and safe to shoot? We are talking circa 1835 or prior right in flintlocks? Not caplocks, which are easily found in reliable and shootable condition. All the shootable SXS flinter's that I have seen start at about 5k to 6k here in the States. In England or Europe it is far easier to find originals even in very good shootable condition but not so Stateside. The price doubles and triples when they land on our shores.

The left lock feels good. The right will have to be lightened up some. Decent spark on both .
I had not noticed the threaded in touch holes on the one i handled before ordering this one , i find this a plus.

Mine is dated /22.

Here’s my new Pendraselli:

34417D8D-04B7-4094-9115-7A1C75D5A23B.jpeg

I have one of the Pedersoli SXS flint-20 gauge (DGW). Yes, the triggers are heavy, they need tuning. The gun is heavy for 20 gauge, but I suspect the barrels were designed "thick" because they now offer the same gun in a rifled version.
Mine has shot very well once I figured out a load. I tried the traditional powder, over powder wad, fiber shot wad, shot and overshot wad (meh), VM Starr method (smidge better) then the SkyChief load (better) and finally a square load of powder, cornmeal, shot and overshot wad (best). Used 2F Goex and Grafs (Schuetzen at the time).

The ramrods Pedersoli supplies with their firearms suck, especially disappointing for how much they cost. I replaced it with a TOTW model.

Lock times are good with 3/4F. I keep the pan and lock surfaces clean every couple of shots and this avoids misfires. Vent is pricked each time. After 3 firings, 2x2x2, unreliable ignition may occur.

I have a lot of fun busting clays with it.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/831/1/RAMROD-271-DP-20

Latest posts

Back