• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli flint sxs shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportster73hp

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have enjoyed viewing pictures of this shotgun for a while and finally got to handle one but not shoot it.
The example was the deluxe model sold out most everywhere but expected to be restocked soon. Standard model available at Dixie now. Does anyone have experience with the flint version of this firearm? Only writing i found was for percussion.

I have one of each, the 20 and .63 rifled. First off, they are overpriced, but its what i wanted. Don't care what anyone else thinks.Trigger pull is heavy, but not horrible. With a bit of work they are good for hunting. Fit and finish are good on mine and they handle very well. Lock time is good on the 20, haven't shot the 63 yet but it lights the pan just as quick. I've had very good results with 7/8 or 1 oz loads with plastic shot cups and 80 gr of 2f in the 20. Take into consideration, pedersoli quality control is not what it used to be. One of these frizzen springs are not like the other.

Attachments

• 20240115_181951.jpg
    20240115_181951.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240115_181806.jpg
    20240115_181806.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
They are hideous when compared to a real flint sxs
Are you ok. Ive seen you post "no comment" on this before. Why would you post on this now when you have no comment. Are you ok old man, you smell toast? Seriously son. I'm honestly concerned
They are hideous when compared to a real flint sxs
If we could only practice our first amendment on this so called 2a site.

just got a pedersoli 12ga sxs and have seen that they sell flint lock replacement sets for like 300$ been thinkng about picking one up just incase the world ends and i run out of #11s....

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/category/category_id/373/name/Flint+Locks?view_all ^^^site where i found them
I don’t think this would work , pedersoli percussion doubles have a patent breach - there would be no way ( easy ) to convert them .These locks are for pedersoli guns with a bolster set up .

Really? Those pedersoli flint sxs shotguns are hideous.
You obviously have no knowledge of English guns.
That comment is beyond obtuse yet to be expected on todays internet. On different forums I see the parochial comments from the guy that owns a Jeep constantly attacking anyone with the thought of buying a Bronco or Tacoma. They may even post a picture of a cartoon urinating in their back window on another vehicle. I find most of the people who bash a Jeep diesel are the ones who never owned one, are they that jealous or simply insecure that someone would dare to do something different than themselves. Then I think of Jay leno, imagine if his collection was only Corvettes. No he appreciates everything about all vehicles, what they represent and what they can do. His collection is to be admired, and his knowledge is from experience. Why would it be so hard to understand that there are people in this world that appreciate all guns, yes all guns. I happen to love the current made muzzleloaders, the old muzzleloaders, English, Italian, Hershal house, Cartridge guns, Inlines, Cannons, and everything in-between. For you to assume from your keypad that anyone on this forum has no knowledge of English Guns because they dont only appreciate English guns is again, beyond Obtuse! Maybe some dont have a full appreciation for English guns because after their past relatives threw their tea in the big pond, they fought them shot them and sent them home.. Who knows. Maybe its just because the thread was not about your English guns.

That comment is beyond obtuse yet to be expected on todays internet. On different forums I see the parochial comments from the guy that owns a Jeep constantly attacking anyone with the thought of buying a Bronco or Tacoma. They may even post a picture of a cartoon urinating in their back window on another vehicle. I find most of the people who bash a Jeep diesel are the ones who never owned one, are they that jealous or simply insecure that someone would dare to do something different than themselves. Then I think of Jay leno, imagine if his collection was only Corvettes. No he appreciates everything about all vehicles, what they represent and what they can do. His collection is to be admired, and his knowledge is from experience. Why would it be so hard to understand that there are people in this world that appreciate all guns, yes all guns. I happen to love the current made muzzleloaders, the old muzzleloaders, English, Italian, Hershal house, Cartridge guns, Inlines, Cannons, and everything in-between. For you to assume from your keypad that anyone on this forum has no knowledge of English Guns because they dont only appreciate English guns is again, beyond Obtuse! Maybe some dont have a full appreciation for English guns because after their past relatives threw their tea in the big pond, they fought them shot them and sent them home.. Who knows. Maybe its just because the thread was not about your English guns.
Whipping out the big words to impress me eh? Obtuse and parochial, really? 🥸

Has anyone who actually owns or had owned the Pedersoli flint used a single ball or is this gun only good for shot? I have been surfing the net and people are suggesting its use.
Just asking , have other “rifles “ for ball shooting.

Has anyone who actually owns or had owned the Pedersoli flint used a single ball or is this gun only good for shot? I have been surfing the net and people are suggesting its use.
Just asking , have other “rifles “ for ball shooting.
I've fired patched round ball out of my 12 ga Pedersoli SxS. It worked about as well as it did in any of my other smoothbores, just make sure you're not firing it out of the choked barrel.

Latest posts

Back