• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli .50 Swivel Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticap

54 Cal.
Reaction score
There was a recent Gunbroker auction for a Pedersoli .54 Swivel Rifle, a model that I hadn't seen before. It had a well worn stock and IIRC it sold for a little over $500. The description stated that it has 23 inch barrels and was a discontinued model.
Someone said that they have a lightly used one in .54 caliber. I thought that it might be worth as much as $575 - $650 in a Gunbroker auction.
Could it really be worth that much in almost new condition?
Does anyone have any other information about them?
How well do they shoot?

pix147611890.jpg

pix147610859.jpg

pix147537359.jpg

pix147674500.jpg

It's hard to believe that they're worth that much. They weren't very popular when they were new. As you can see, they are a bit crude and fit no time period other than the last third of the 20th century. To collectors of obscure and ugly rifles it might have some value, but both of them probably already have one.

As a loaner when going hunting it might have some merit--providing your state allows you to use a rifle that fires twice without reloading. But $500 is way more than I'd pay for one of these.

I recall that there was a problem with these rifles loosening up quickly, too. At least the early ones. And the forestocks aren't mounted properly on this one. Notice the cut outs for the drums in the rear of them? This rifle appears to have been messed with.

I had one several years back it shot alright but it was to heavy for stalking. I'm not a stand or blind hunter so was sold for a lighter rifle and never long for it again.
Ray

A few years ago a hunting buddy bought one to give him an "Advantage" for the muzzle loader season in Mississippi. The danged thing drove him insane :cursing: ! The cap would always fall off the bottom barrel, he had to regulate his loads to get it to fire halfway reliably, and yes it did "loosen up". He sounded like two tin pans walking through the woods :rotf: ! I really did feel sorry for him, and to be honest I thought it was a good idea at the time myself. The real death blow to the gun was when the game warden came around camp one afternoon and asked him what the heck it was. My buddy proudly displayed the ugly critter to the Warden and the Warden asked if he had a way to take off the second barrel. Both of us looked at him inconfusion and then my buddy said "Why?". The Game Warden then kindly explained that the Primitive Season was strictly for "Single Barreled, Single Shot Muzzle Loaders ONLY", I loaned him my sons CVA Bobcat :haha: . To the best of my knowledge my buddy threw it into a ditch during Hurricane Katrina and claimed it on his homeowners insurance :rotf: !

Back