• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Partner surprise shoot.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.....I'm figgerin......if I shoot two inches and 2ndUSSS shoots one inch our team score would be a 4.
If it were targets at 1.5" and 1", the team score would be a 3?
Or did I screw up the numbers? I had enough fingers to do it, though the half was a problem.
Pete

:hmm: Im tryin to figure out how im gonna mail the backstop :grin: Hope you got a BIG p.o. box Jethro :haha:
GW i will get as close to center as i can, you go ahead and put one dead center and we shall see how it goes :v

Pete D. said:
The team score is always going to be double the longer measurement.
Pete

Pete's got it solved. :thumbsup:

But now I'm wonderin if this will be scored as a team or individual event? :hmm:

GW

Grey Whiskers said:
Pete D. said:
The team score is always going to be double the longer measurement.
Pete

Pete's got it solved. :thumbsup:

But now I'm wonderin if this will be scored as a team or individual event? :hmm:

GW

This is going to be scored as an individual event. The only thing your partner is there for is to either help your score or hinder it, as the case may be. There won't be any "team score" for this one. That's why I told ya to pick a partner you can trust to shoot straight. :haha:

Altho Pete's formula is a good one, it won't be used for the end results.
If partner number 1 shoots 1" and partner number 2 shoots 2", partner number 1 will score 3" and partner number 2 will score 1". If both partners shoot a perfect center, they both score a perfect 0. If both partners score exactly the same and it isn't a perfect center, it would be AMAZING, and I ain't sure what I'd do... I suppose they'd both score whatever they shot. :idunno:

This is going to be scored as an individual event.
Now THAT is evil genius.
Surprise!
So....it looks like the individual low score for record is always going to end up as the simple difference between the two measured shots (a 5 and a 4 gets the 5 shooter a 1, 6 and 8 give the 8 shooter a 2, etc.)
So now I gotta practice bad shootin'. No....wait...I ain't gotta practice. I got that down pat.
It surely is gonna pay for both of us to keep near the middle, innit?
2nd USSS, you lissenin' t'all this?

You guys are much too sophisticated and strategic for me. I'm just hopin' I hit paper at 50 yards. After that, it's all up to Jethro and his Tandy computer. I'll just sit back and wait for my prize! :rotf:

Buripity said:
After that, it's all up to Jethro and his Tandy computer.

m1.jpg

Buripity said:
I have always taken fourth in all of my online contests. So if somebody is willing to settle for 4th best, I'm your man! :hatsoff:
Here's my resume: (There are no holes in the cardboard because I hung it back up to take the picture.)
IMG_0388.jpg
I'm just hopin' I hit paper at 50 yards
:hmm: I think Burpity is trying to pull the wool over our eyes! :shocked2:

Hi Pete, I'm listening but still confused. I'll hit center and you hit center and we win? anyway xmas break I'll pick a nice day and shoot. thanks 2nd USSS

lonehunter said:
Buripity said:
I have always taken fourth in all of my online contests. So if somebody is willing to settle for 4th best, I'm your man! :hatsoff:
Here's my resume: (There are no holes in the cardboard because I hung it back up to take the picture.)
IMG_0388.jpg
I'm just hopin' I hit paper at 50 yards
:hmm: I think Burpity is trying to pull the wool over our eyes! :shocked2:

Anybody else notice that there are no holes in the cardboard behind that target? :hmm:

Edit: oops - just noticed Buripity's explanation for that. :redface:

Ok Jethro,
So now we know the "surprise". :hmm: And it sure is one. If I am reading this right we each shoot one shot at a target and mail it to you (Jethro), not our partner as before. :v Now Mountainman56 all's we got to do is put one right in the middle - right? :grin: I think Jethro has come up with another good one. :thumbsup:

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Well, don't know. 50 yds. is a long way to lay one in there that good, but we'll see. :thumbsup:

Take care, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

I don't mind shooting it...I'm just glad I don't have to figure it out to score it! I was told they would be no math! :rotf:

Latest posts

Back