• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Partner surprise shoot.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumbsup:
18 sounds warm! It was -7 this morning when I left the house. Bbbbrrrrrr!!! It's supposed to get up to the 30's by next weekend if they don't change it by then. :thumbsup:

Jethro: -7? If it'd been that cold, the paper would still be on the shelf.
I know 18 deg is shirt sleeve weather for some but it's cold enough for my shootin'.
Right now it's.....lessee....one deg outside. Dogs don't want to go out.
Pete

I managed to get a target with a hole in it to send in Saturday . This shooting event reminds me of poker for some reason . J.W.

Time's gettin' short fellers. Get them targets in the mail!

I'm still waiting for targets from;
Buripity
Mountainman56
skunkskinner
2ndUSSS
and Mad Irish Jack

There's still just over a week left to get your shots in. :thumbsup:

:applause: I shot mine in the rain this morning. Then I dropped it in the mail on my way home. Should be there by Tuesday. :thumbsup: I forgot to mark my target with my weapon and load. They are a .54 caliber Early Lancaster using a .530 roundball wrapped in a .012 cotton patch over 80 grains of FFg Goex BP.

Got mine in there skunkskinner. Forgot to tell Jethro that I shot a 50 cal. patched ball with 60 grains of geox powder. Gotta wait and see how we done. :thumbsup:

from 2nd USSS. did my target saturday, will mail Tues AM. nothing quite like a white target, white snow squalls, white snow ground cover, faded (out of ink)magic marker 'X', and old eyes.
The good news is I hit the paper.

Yeah! Hitting the paper is good.
Pete
Were we supposed to include load data?
Oh.
.490 ball, 0.010" patch, 90 grains FFg, 0.030" fiber wad between ball and powder.

I'm still here guys......occasionally. Well I got it done this morning. I think Jim/OH was getting a little nervous about his partner. This workin for a living is sure interfering with my shooting. Should have snuck out last Thursday when it was 80 degrees but I decided to wait till this morning....when it was 25. :shake:

Anyhow it's on its way Jethro

I think Mountainman56 is going to have to give up workin. Can't let anything get in the way of shootin! :thumbsup: Jethro now this partnership is complete. Now we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. :hmm:

Take care, see ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

All the targets are in! The measurements are measured, the math is done, Here Are the Results;

(Remember, the low scoring partner got the high scoring partners score added to his own. The high scoring partner got the low scoreing partners score subtracted from his own. If you did good, or bad, thank your partner. :haha: )

Member..............Final score
Mountainman56....... 0.303
Grey Whiskers....... 0.342
Skunkskinner........ 0.778
Buripity............ 0.873
Jim/OH.............. 1.039
Grzrob.............. 1.703
lonehunter.......... 2.234
2nd USSS............ 2.347
ww321q.............. 2.457
longbow-hunter...... 2.854
Mad Irish Jack...... 3.703
Pete D.............. 4.509

Maybe we'll hafta have another duel so some of you guys can get back at your partners. :rotf:

Good shootin' guys. :thumbsup: Thanks for playin'. :hatsoff:

On a side note, there was somethin mighty strange that occurred here.

Grey Whiskers and Buripity. 2 good friends from Winton CA. Shootin' buddies. Went shootin' together the day they shot their targets. They BOTH scored 1.288" exactly the same as each other! :shocked2:

Different size holes. Clocked different on the targets but both 1.288".
:idunno: :idunno: :idunno:

Congrats to my twin brother from another mother, MountainMan56! :thumbsup:

And thanks to lonehunter for shootin just a little bit better target than me. :v

GW

Jethro224 said:
On a side note, there was somethin mighty strange that occurred here.

Grey Whiskers and Buripity. 2 good friends from Winton CA. Shootin' buddies. Went shootin' together the day they shot their targets. They BOTH scored 1.288" exactly the same as each other! :shocked2:

Different size holes. Clocked different on the targets but both 1.288".
:idunno: :idunno: :idunno:

Uh, oh! Time to find another shootin' buddy to mimic. One that gets closer to the center! :blah: But wait, who fired first? Who mimicked who? :idunno:

The twins come in first and second. Who woulda thought.

Poor Jim/OH is going to have to find himself a better shootin partner. :shake:

Fun shoot Jethro and thanks. :thumbsup:

Jethro, good shoot :hatsoff:
Grey Whiskers, Enjoyed it :thumbsup:
Im taking side bets on the next shoot, I got $10 that says Burpity comes in fourth place :rotf: :v
Grats MM56 :applause: :applause: :v

Back