• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pancakes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
colorado clyde said:
What does pizza cookie taste like?
Chicken.

Describing a "taste" is next to impossible, but it's a slightly sweet cookie, nothing like pizza dough. Try one and tell me what it tastes like. :wink: My wife and daughter make them all the time.

Claude said:
satx78247 said:
Aren't those the Italian "sort of waffle cookies" that are made into the outside of cannolis?
Yes, but you don't have to roll them. You can leave them flat and let them cool. They are waffle-like, except much thinner. Different batter too.
The Pizzele I've eaten were crisp and lightly sweet with a hint of vanilla. The texture is more difficult to describe - they can be light or similar in texture to a waffle cone. Cannoli shells are crunchy, dense and hardly sweet at all - some batters contain Marsala wine. Their texture is more crumbly like a (deep-fried) cookie. A freshly-made Cannolo shell almost shatters when you take a bite - messy to eat but delicious.

I don't know where you live, but you may be able to find Pizzelle a place like World Market or a Little Italy. For Cannoli, Sicily has the market cornered though you should be able to find some at good Italian pastry shops.

Black Hand said:
Claude said:
satx78247 said:
Aren't those the Italian "sort of waffle cookies" that are made into the outside of cannolis?
Yes, but you don't have to roll them. You can leave them flat and let them cool. They are waffle-like, except much thinner. Different batter too.
The Pizzele I've eaten were crisp and lightly sweet with a hint of vanilla. The texture is more difficult to describe - they can be light or similar in texture to a waffle cone. Cannoli shells are crunchy, dense and hardly sweet at all - some batters contain Marsala wine. Their texture is more crumbly like a (deep-fried) cookie. A freshly-made Cannolo shell almost shatters when you take a bite - messy to eat but delicious.
Excellent description.

I only mention them because the method of cooking them is very similar to a waffle and they've been around since the 8th century.

Claude said:
:grin:
Saw a cartoon of two cave men at a fire, one is roasting the first chicken. He says, I don't know what it's called, but it tastes like everything.

Spence

dd97c6603c4d22b1ed1e41cb9cee11b4.jpg

That pancake bot is cleaver but at what price?

P.S. Who would have thought that a subject such as pancakes could generate 11 pages (so far) of comments....many of which were actually about panckaes? "Lord, what fools these mortals be"- William Shakespeare.
:haha:

I had no idea when I started this thread. I just love pancakes and wondered who else enjoyed them and other ideas about making them. I enjoy them at home or around a camp fire. They are more difficult to make on a campfire. Anyone have easy suggestions?

Kansas Jake said:
. They are more difficult to make on a campfire. Anyone have easy suggestions?
Small bed of coals (No flames), a heavy pan, make smaller pancakes.

Pre-heat the pan You can learn to gauge heat by placing your hand over the coals...You can gauge the heat of the pan by placing a couple drops of water in the pan and watching them dance and evaporate.. There are many visual clues that can tell you what's happening.
a thermometer can help you learn...but the most important thing is practice....

Probably, the number one problem people have is too hot a fire....or even worse flames...

Fwiw, I've never had difficulty cooking pancakes over an open fire (using a small pile of coals & a good cast iron skillet), even in amounts great enough to feed any number of hungry Cub Scouts.

What precise problem have you had doing it?? - I'll try to help.

yours, satx

Latest posts

Back