• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pancakes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
colorado clyde said:
I didn't see pancakes on their menu... :hmm:
But if you travel to Mexico you can get real American pancakes.....There are 3 IHOP restaurants in the Mexico city area..

IHOP Cuernavaca

Plaza Diana

Cuernavaca, MOR, Mexico · +52 777 322 1504

Open until 10:00 PM

IHOP

Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico · +52 55 5520 9141

IHOP

Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico · +52 55 6272 2060

I have already done so. = The next time that I get up that way (likely to pick up a diesel PU or antique boat/trailer), I'll make a point of eating at least one meal there.

By the same token, should you get down to The Alamo City and/or to Austin, I'll show you all the GREAT places for Tex-Mex & authentic Mexican food, that you won't find easily on "the usual Internet search engines".
(I can also point you to the BEST BBQ & places for fried fish in South TX.)

yours, satx

Never been to Mexico City.was in Australia and ate at an American hamburger joint. It was good but it wasn't an American hamburger. American Italian food Chinese food and much of Mexican food doesnt taste like the real thing. Do you get 'real' American food in an American restaurant in Mexico City?
I would enjoy a sopidilla for breakfast but it ain't a pancake.

Actually, after the execution of Maximilian & Carlota on 19JUN1867 there was widespread revulsion of all things French in Mexico & large numbers of French emigrants "were invited to leave" Mexico.

Starting a few years before WWII, considerable numbers of French people fled to Mexico (MANY of those emigrants were Jews & left-wing Roman Catholics.) before the worst abuses of the NAZI occupation of France.
Another "wave of emigrants" from France happened shortly after WWII.

In 2016, there are many fair to excellent French eateries in the major cities of Mexico.
As to places for excellent crepes, CLUNY at 57 La Calle de Paz is quite good in the DF.

just my opinion, satx

"One certain knight, that swore by his honor they were good pancakes, and wore by his honor the mustard was naught. Now I'll stand to it, the pancakes were naught, and the mustard was good, and yet was not the knight forsworn." - William Shakespeare.

Better sit down for this one.....

Fast forward to today and.....................
The PancakeBotâ„¢ is the world’s first food printer capable of printing pancakes by automatically dispensing batter directly onto a griddle. Pancake designs can be loaded onto the PancakeBotâ„¢ via SD card. Users can make their own pancake designs with the included software or browse through our online community that is updated with fun, new designs every week!
http://www.pancakebot.com/

Just think, I could have pancakes that look like George Washington or maybe a Kentucky rifle or liberty bell....The possibilities are endless..... :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, that's how the machines work that make commercial waffles, that you find in the "frozen section" at the supermarket.
(NOT a new technique.)

yours, satx

satx78247 said:
FYI, that's how the machines work that make commercial waffles, that you find in the "frozen section" at the supermarket.
(NOT a new technique.)

yours, satx
Do you have a source for that statement?
Every one I have seen is molded not 3D printed....

Mold marks are clearly visible on the sides of the waffles.

Here's a video.
https://youtu.be/R2R5FlzHa2Q

NOPE. Except that PBS did a TV documentary a couple of years ago on how frozen foods are done commercially. = The show showed the "operator" (I think I remember from General Mills) using a computer to measure, mix, "portion" & "dispense" the waffles.
(To you/everyone: I do NOT ever do "homework", as I have a life. Therefore, you are wasting your/my time asking.)

yours, satx

colorado clyde said:
satx78247 said:
(NOT a new technique.)

yours, satx
Do you have a source for that statement?
Every one I have seen is molded not 3D printed....
Correct. Big difference in molded and printed.

[youtube]digr3KiBQcY[/youtube]

satx78247 said:
(To you/everyone: I do NOT ever do "homework", as I have a life. Therefore, you are wasting your/my time asking.)

yours, satx
:shocked2: ....That pretty much invalidates you as a source of credible information...... :shake:

Reportedly, the Pilgrims brought waffle irons with them to America in 1620.... :grin:
Making it possible that the first American pancake was actually a waffle.... :hmm:

NOPE. - I was ONCE stupid enough to do "homework" & spent almost a whole day "chasing down" the direct evidence for a member that PROVED beyond any REASONABLE DOUBT, from the US Government's General Accounting Office's own OFFICIAL REPORT to the US Congress, that my comment was 100% correct.
(99% of the time, a person who wants a "source" is too lazy to look for the information for themselves OR they don't want to admit that they are factually wrong OR they just want to waste someone else's time/effort. = Asking for a "source" takes no education, knowledge or even critical thought.)

The "esteemed member" than said, "I don't accept that report as a trustworthy source, so you'll have to do better than that."

Fwiw, I've never been foolish enough AGAIN to try to prove anything to anybody. - As I said, I have a life.

yours, satx

satx78247 said:
(99% of the time, a person who wants a "source" is too lazy to look for the information for themselves OR they don't want to admit that they are factually wrong OR they just want to waste someone else's time/effort. = Asking for a "source" takes no education, knowledge or even critical thought.)
However....In this case it is you that are factually wrong..... :td:

Last edited by a moderator:
satx78247 said:
99% of the time, a person who wants a "source" is too lazy to look for the information for themselves OR they don't want to admit that they are factually wrong OR they just want to waste someone else's time/effort. = Asking for a "source" takes no education, knowledge or even critical thought.
The burden of proof ALWAYS lies with the one making the claim. If you can't back up your claim with evidence, then others are free to dismiss/ignore your claim as baseless.

Here's a pancake video....At a rate of 45,000 pancakes an hour, 3D printing would be to slow and costly....It would take over a 1000 machines....instead of one...

[youtube]-4043Htlxjg[/youtube]

You will notice a complete absence of computer controls...Except for a few P.I.D.'s and timers....

Back