• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Over the gun game !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtman725

The Last Best place, MT
Reaction score
So tried to Buy a Lyman GPR 54 here off the forum,took him a week to get back to get back to me about shipping, then say's 75.00! I don't think so, told him nicely to stuff it,been watching Gun Broker, their bidding them up like Sleepy Joe trying to read his hand cards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not me, so broke down Blonde, had talked with Mr. Holt a couple a weeks ago, someone here give me his information, nice guy chat you right up, liked him right off. So USPS shipping both-ways 72.40 total and 250 insurance, re-boring 150.00 for total of 222.40 I get my 54, I can handle that. If the old stock can't handle the recoil, I'll just pick up another one. Still cheaper the whats going on in the gun market. People are a few cans short of a six pack.

Last edited:
I will say that postal shipping rates have increased quite a bit in the past few months. Cost me $14.00 to ship a brass ram rod to the west coast from CT. That was the cheapest method of shipping too!

G it has but the barrel back to Mr. Holt was 36.20 each way Priority and they said it will get there Monday!!!!! Which I have a hard time believing. But I've got tracking numbers so going to watch.Even small parts shipping is 9-10 bucks. Still waiting for a hand forge vent pick and screw driver, coming from someone here been going on two weeks.And their out of UT!!!!!

A conversation from a few years ago with the Postmaster at the small Post Office I use here in the country revealed that consumer shipping rates were going to go up by roughly 400 percent. According to him it was to offset the cost of the "free shipping" from Amazon. Like so many others have said in the past there is no such thing as free.

I just did the tracking on the barrel, its in PA this am, amazing ! Touched base with Mr Holt gave him the heads up. So now the wait no hurry.Winters coming back. And it should.

So tried to Buy a Lyman GPR 54 here off the forum,took him a week to get back to get back to me about shipping, then say's 75.00! I don't think so, told him nicely to stuff it,been watching Gun Broker, their bidding them up like Sleepy Joe trying to read his hand cards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not me, so broke down Blonde, had talked with Mr. Holt a couple a weeks ago, someone here give me his information, nice guy chat you right up, liked him right off. So USPS shipping both-ways 72.40 total and 250 insurance, re-boring 150.00 for total of 222.40 I get my 54, I can handle that. If the old stock can't handle the recoil, I'll just pick up another one. Still cheaper the whats going on in the gun market. People are a few cans short of a six pack.
The difference is in from where? I ship alot to Bob Hoyt in PA but perhaps the seller shipping was not in the same zone and priced insurance on what he said it was worth ,again different than yours. Mine can be $30.00 and then sell the same I bought in the same package with the same postage cost on it (every thing same (Except location ) 2 times the cost ! And the Lyman like it or not is (in demand )not any cheaper and TC hawken/ Renegade no longer being made are even worse ! It is a sellers market ,another couple years or less and you can look back and complain about the price you should have bought it At (back then) HA Ed

SS I don't think so , its the panic buying, there buying everything that shoots, I belong to two other forums and the number of new bee's is, just like here, more everyday. There driving up the prices no matter what,IMO,no matter what the cost. Our LGS as told by their long time supplies don't except any caps the rest of 22. And they been in business for 40 yrs. with two locations.

I assume part of the cost is the shipping container. It's been a few years, but I bought a sturdy shipping container that was quite expensive. I was selling a Bedford County rifle for $3,500. I wanted to make sure it arrived in one piece. Then there was the charge for insurance on top of the actual shipping fee.

Treeman if your willing to pay it, more power to you. I will not. After he looked it up came back 43.00 for shipping . I've shipped all over the world, I've done EBay since 02, shipped two to Spain, 1 Australia, bows, arrows to New Zealand, fly rod to Sweden, wading boots to Russia, a opitc device to Brazil. Its the shipper believe me on this,he didn't need a box he had one, and outside box is a dumpster away. So no cost to him just tape and time. People will pay anything! Shipped modern guns in big hard gun cases and have never payed more then 65.00 both out of state and in with lots of insurance., and it wasn't a hundred years ago.I live very rural in SW MT. nothing ships easy.

Last edited:
One last thing them I am done, go to Gun Broker yourself, don't need to join look up Black powered rifles, and look what their shipping them for 30-40 must of the time, some to 50 and they come apart making them much easier to pack.

One last thing them I am done, go to Gun Broker yourself, don't need to join look up Black powered rifles, and look what their shipping them for 30-40 must of the time, some to 50 and they come apart making them much easier to pack.
Mtnman I have bought ML's rifles off Gunbroker lately. $45 was the highest for my shipping costs.

I did priority mailed it Friday was there yesterday, couldn't believe it, put 250 insurance on it.

A conversation from a few years ago with the Postmaster at the small Post Office I use here in the country revealed that consumer shipping rates were going to go up by roughly 400 percent. According to him it was to offset the cost of the "free shipping" from Amazon. Like so many others have said in the past there is no such thing as free.
I will politely have to disagree with you! There is one thing that is free! You don't have to do anything to obtain it. That one thing is ,FAILURE!

Latest posts

Back