• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Over the gun game !!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just shipped a hawken yesterday fro upstate MY to western PA. Via UPS. It was about $15 for shipping and $5 for insurance. 2 trip. If a I took it to PostNet to ship via UPS, it would be at least double.

I shipped a Priority Mail package from Pa to Michigan last Monday. It SHOULD have been delivered Thursday, but still hasn't made it to the delivering PO in south, central Michigan. "Priority Mail' is a joke.

There is no rhyme or reason to the Postal Service these days. Some things move lightning fast through the system and others are on a slow boat somewhere.

Totally agree. We send stuff to our friends in Oregon that are hard or impossible to find stateside. Only little things like branded Licorice Allsorts, the local parish magazines - that kind of thing. Going there from here in UK CAN take up to TEN weeks, or, when Jupiter collides with Mars, a week. Sending stuff back to my family in Canada is a nightmare in each direction - three MONTHS is pretty fast these days........

SS I don't think so , its the panic buying, there buying everything that shoots, I belong to two other forums and the number of new bee's is, just like here, more everyday. There driving up the prices no matter what,IMO,no matter what the cost. Our LGS as told by their long time supplies don't except any caps the rest of 22. And they been in business for 40 yrs. with two locations.
And after 45 yrs of me doing business my FFL is gone ,his wife pointed to the corner at a box no bigger than a beer cooler and said when the last 7 Lbs is gone we are (DONE) .I used to help bring powder up from the basement (all smokeless ) Full basement /a 46 ft storage trailer full of clay birds ( STILL ) cause she hasn't seen 209 primers since September ! It ain't newbies (that's stupid ) , it is called no supply and see it in your sport and everywhere you look ! You can wait for the good old days ,but you better understand these are the good old days and it's downhill from here /Ed

I sent a small flat rate priority mail today for $9.45. That's up from $8.40 a couple months ago. Postman says it was an across the board increase.

Ya long gone!! And not for the better for sure. WE are the endangered species. I don't know of anything that's not costing more, and so much out of stock. I've heard no solid proof gas will be 5 a gallon this coming summer. Already here. 3.44.9, just sent a reg. letter yesterday 3.45 and I had already put one stamp on it.

G it has but the barrel back to Mr. Holt was 36.20 each way Priority and they said it will get there Monday!!!!! Which I have a hard time believing. But I've got tracking numbers so going to watch.Even small parts shipping is 9-10 bucks. Still waiting for a hand forge vent pick and screw driver, coming from someone here been going on two weeks.And their out of UT!!!!!
I have been seeing "priority" mail take up to 2 1/2 weeks in a worst case scenario. I don't see it getting better in my lifetime.

Now if they only had "across the board" service!
USPS has been good for me. Ups? Sometimes they are a bit slow but generally reliable. FedEx? No. Just no. We have a FedEx terminal a quarter mile from where I’m sitting right now and I’ll drive ten miles to the post office. Recently my company made the decision to stop using them as a shipping company. Too many damaged, missing, or delayed shipments. They all have one thing in common. Prices are on the rise and that’s the trend everywhere. Apparently you cannot shutter half of the economy for a year at a time without some sort of repercussions.

Back