• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

not shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t do ANYTHING outside when the temperature goes over 85 degree’s unless I am getting paid, or it just HAS to be done.
So I am basically in what I call my “Summer Hibernation” from mid-June until about 5 September.
I absolutely hate hot weather. Sweat running down my face and the crack of my %# gets old fast. It’s bad enough here in SW Missouri, but I don’t see how the people who live in MS, LA, SC, TX stand it, especially with all the humidity added.
Right now at 9:45 outside has cooled off to a balmy 98. It usually hits over 100+ every afternoon. Any shooting is done before 10:00 AM when it is below 90. but we live with it and my few cows are Brahman and tolerate the heat.
warmly
Bunk

Northern Indiana...
It didn't rain yesterday but by evening the grass had beads of water on it, still borderline on being too wet to mow. More rain scheduled for today with another broiling scorcher reaching 80 degrees. But on the bright side this morning the trail cam had dozens of pictures of the begonia bandits, the herd of corn crunchers at the back porch steps. For revolver shooting, I'm waiting on a chamber modification to arrive for testing; need to get to punching and lubing some egg carton wads and casting and sizing for the molds I want try out.

Last edited:
Northern Indiana...
It didn't rain yesterday but by evening the grass had beads of water on it, still borderline on being too wet to mow. More rain scheduled for today with another broiling scorcher reaching 80 degrees. But on the bright side this morning the trail cam had dozens of pictures of the begonia bandits, the herd of corn crunchers at the back porch steps. For revolver shooting, I'm waiting on a chamber modification to arrive for testing; need to get to punching and lubing some egg carton wads and casting and sizing for the molds I want try out.
Man 80 here would be sweater weather. It is 8:30 AM now and my outside, in the shade, thermometer reads 87. It will be 100+ by this afternoon.
This is in central Texas.
Bunk

Northern Indiana...
Reaching 80? That is a pleasant winter day in Central Florida. We're running 95-100F every day, 90% humidity with very few of the normal afternoon thunderstorms to cool us off. My range is closed til Sept. 5 for improvements, repairs. Good timing.

another broiling scorcher reaching 80 degrees.
It must be rough! 🤣
We haven't gotten below 80 for the last month or so, even at night! ☀️
I've been watering my trees with thousands of gallons of water, since we haven't gotten any rain in the past month, either. The water company asked if I have a leaking water line. Yeah, it's leaking money!

I used to live south of Indy (Greensburg), so I know what is coming for y'all in the winter. ❄️🌬️❄️☃️
No school snow days - they used the school busses to clear the drifts on the streets! 🛷⛸️🎿

Here in Yuma it hits 100 about 10:30 to 11:00 daily and goes up from there.
Be heading your way in January for a month or so. Going to fight the Canadian snow birds in the BLM LTVA so I can do some physical rehab from pending surgery. Too cold and too frosty to do much outside around here if it is going to be anything like last year.

Spent many a month in Yuma flying.

Here in Yuma it hits 100 about 10:30 to 11:00 daily and goes up from there.
I've been to the Goldwater Bombing Range just south of you. One of the seemingly most lifeless places I've ever seen...and not from the bombing. The Highway of the Devil going into the Tinajas Atlas Mountain Range. Pure white rocks.

Yes Ed C. I know the Barry Goldwater range well. The Camino Del Diablo is a daunting trip unless you have a good 4x4. Spent many days and nights down there and some of the best quail hunting in the state at one time. Age has left me somewhat less adventuras here of late.

This is driest rainy season I have seen in SW Florida (Ft Myers). I’ve lived here for 28 years now. We are about 10” below normal.
Same here in Central Florida. Looks like rain by next week. Add insult to injury our community irrigation system has been down for over a month. The management is still waiting for the repair parts to arrive. It’s a PITA dragging 150 ft hose around to water the lawn using city water. $$
Was planning on heading to the range to test my new sight blades but we are under an excessive heat warning till 7pm. The heat index is scheduled to feel like 116F by noon.🥵

sounds like an interesting use of water in a drought.....
It's been over 100 degrees every day for the past month.
The neighbors that aren't watering are losing trees.
Once oaks start to wilt, it's too late. I've got small dead oaks that didn't get water soon enough, and they'll have to come down.
So, yeah, it's an interesting use of water.

Just spoke to my buddy down south of me about 3 hours drive near Ft. Lauderdale. He says every afternoon he gets plastered by thunderstorms and rain while we get nothing in Central Florida. Another intense heat warning for today from 11 am to 7pm.

What's the point in mowing dried up grass.Mowers can make sparks too, you know. I hope I can remember all the little "quirks" and tricks of my new second hand lawn mower, if I ever get the chance to use it again.

It must be rough! 🤣
We haven't gotten below 80 for the last month or so, even at night! ☀️
I've been watering my trees with thousands of gallons of water, since we haven't gotten any rain in the past month, either. The water company asked if I have a leaking water line. Yeah, it's leaking money!

I used to live south of Indy (Greensburg), so I know what is coming for y'all in the winter. ❄️🌬️❄️☃️
No school snow days - they used the school busses to clear the drifts on the streets! 🛷⛸️🎿
I no all about trees needing water! Yesterday I saw a tree following a dog around! LOL!

Reaching 80? That is a pleasant winter day in Central Florida. We're running 95-100F every day, 90% humidity with very few of the normal afternoon thunderstorms to cool us off. My range is closed til Sept. 5 for improvements, repairs. Good timing.
the Slixshot nipples are installed on the 1851 Uberti Navy. Owing to really dry conditions and high heat (4:45 PM 102 in the shade) i just popped caps,
The gun has a Wolf reduced power mainspring, but popped all six.
As a side note thoe RWS #1075 caps are hot.There was sparks and flash on ignition much more than Remington #10.
Now waiting for rain to green things up.
Bunk

A little late reply but it is wet here so I did go shooting. The fire that comes out a revolver surprised me. Don't blame you for not shooting in dry conditions. Edit. No range cows were injured in the above picture Screenshot_20230807_161415_Gallery.jpg

Back