• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA, the Honorable Horners, and Others are Saving Dixon's Fair!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dixons is a very good shop for muzzleloading items, each year they have a faire, there are contests for items crafts folks make, horns, bags, rifles that sort of thing as well as vendors of the time period connected too those type of items, seminars on all sorts of things related too those items. Other than the usual market fairs at different places such as Ft. Frederick Md. and this year Ft. Loudon Pa. in my area, This has been the go too event for years, very good folks. It was decided bye the original folks who put on the event too stop doing it for personal reasons, and has been picked up bye I hear the N.M.L.R.A. I believe it will happen in 2022 this is a good quality event and I suggest if you can attend you will not be disappointed. There are also lots of other attractions in the immediate area as it is pretty much in the heart of Amish country and there is a (I know) cabelas near there.

Reading about it in MB today.
From what I understand, Dixon’s lost use of an adjacent property & parking - after 30+ years and loss of parking, decided to end the event and the NMLRA stepped in. Dixon’s were delighted and a new venue will be used a few miles away.
Win-win for all involved.
B6A59A48-A34C-46C6-8AF2-677A8A79CC37.jpeg

As I live only 15 minute drive from Dixon's, this was very welcome news. The Kempton Fairgrounds (where I've heard this will be) has large buildings and pavilions so even inclement weather won't effect it. Besides, the fairgrounds is easier to find for out of town folks.

Will take a wait and see.

Alter the Winter Nationals were canceled, they promised some smaller shoots west of the Mississippi to replace it. That has never happened.

They also promised ADA bathrooms.

Yes, but it should have been done many years ago.

There is no reason for folks in wheel chairs to have to use Port O Potties.

I fully agree, it should of been done years ago. Problem is getting people to step up and do stuff. People will rather complain. I have people now saying that we should not do ADA bathrooms. Spend the money ONLY on the range.

Fleener

I fully agree, it should of been done years ago. Problem is getting people to step up and do stuff. People will rather complain. I have people now saying that we should not do ADA bathrooms. Spend the money ONLY on the range.

Fleener
If you want to grow the sport, you need women and children. If you want women and children you want nice bathrooms. Upgrading to ADA compliant restrooms is a win/win all around. It also make the facilities attractive to other venues, an additional source of income.

FishFry-
You might check out the NMLRA territorial program, run by Rick Reprevich from TX.
I see yet another shoot was held in Iowa this past weekend.
Someone posted photos of their family winnings.
839DE071-647E-44DE-8490-EB177C981772.jpeg

Rick wanted a Territorial in Texas and I volunteered to help, I have a feeling he ran into resistance.

Let the Gov't come in and shutdown the shoots until ADA is compiled with, it's the law. I know one lady who is very unhappy with the current bathroom situation and she has voiced her concerns.

NMLRA is touting the Range as world class. With substandard bathrooms, one Port O Potty which is wheel chair accessible at the Clubhouse and it's used my none handicapped and the flooding, it has a ways to go.

The NMLRA does bring value, but they are neglecting folks in many ways.

Rick wanted a Territorial in Texas and I volunteered to help, I have a feeling he ran into resistance.

Let the Gov't come in and shutdown the shoots until ADA is compiled with, it's the law. I know one lady who is very unhappy with the current bathroom situation and she has voiced her concerns.

NMLRA is touting the Range as world class. With substandard bathrooms, one Port O Potty which is wheel chair accessible at the Clubhouse and it's used my none handicapped and the flooding, it has a ways to go.

The NMLRA does bring value, but they are neglecting folks in many ways.

I hear ya. Maybe we could get the big boys in New York what profess to love the 2A to cough up some of that yacht and safari money to serve the folk of the last best good organization with the letters "N" "R" and "A" in the name. I only just joined the NMLRA this year at the urging of Bob McBride, but the impoverished feeling I get from em is far better than the feeling I got about a decade ago to stop sending money to that Yankee group founded in 1871 by Burnside and that lot. Reminds me of the churches of Christ: a congregation of 50 folk who ent got cable, but send $20,000 or more per year to folk spreading the Gospel around the world. If even one soul is brought to Christ or Holy Black, a lifetime of work was worth it.

Back