• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nipple Removal Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scorpmann3518

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just got the bronze nipple for my T/C Renegade today and a nipple wrench. Are they supposed to fit the nipple so tightly? Had to lightly tap it over the nipple to get the wrench on it.

That's not uncommon.

There aren't any real "standards" with tolerances for the flats on nipples or the width of the slot in the nipple wrench.

If you have a small flat metal cutting file, about one swipe of it in the wrenches notch will widen it so it will be a better fit.

Don't get carried away though. The flats on some nipples might be a bit undersize and you don't want the wrench to be too loose.

Thanks Zonie. Thought about the file when I couldnt get it over the old nipple then checked it on the new nipple. Since it was just as tight on both figured it was better to ask then to mess something up.

When I make nipple wrenches I make them about .003 inch over the nipple size I will be using them on. So a little filing would help. You want a fit that isn't binding but not sloppy. :hmm:

Got it with some filing. More like a lot of filing. Then again the file I'm using is pretty fine.

Latest posts

Back