• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbie from South Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy everyone. Just getting into the blackpowder realm, and picked up my first kit. It's a Pedersoli PK3315, Scout Carbine, percussion, .50 cal, 1 in 32 twist and 43 7/8 OAL. Double set triggers.

Having a blast so far getting the stock ready. I've been building custom stock on hunting rifles for 35 years now. So having fun adding some inlays and alittle silver wire inlays.

The Pedersoli kit seems to have good quality components.

Looking forward to talking with everyone and picking your brains for wisdom and advice.

I'll try and post some pics as I am building.

Have a great day and New Year
Bill

Attachments

• 20211219_113955.jpg
    20211219_113955.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20211219_113944.jpg
    20211219_113944.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for the welcome UndeadPoet

FishDFly, is there something I need to know about blueing the Pedersoli ?

Have a great day
Bill

The factory bluing on kits is temporary to stop rust during shipment. Need to be removed and metal either blued or browned.

Thanks FishDFly for the advice !

I am going to clean and remove rust inhibitor this weekend. Dont have anyone local to hot blue, so going to try the Brownells Oxpho-blue.

Thanks Crow-Feather. First time trying silver wire inlay. Put the Elk, Deer head and border around the Diamond inlays. Wanted to do something different.

Back