• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Fowler arrived!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNtrapper

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Just thought Id post a pic of my fowler Ive been anxiously waiting[url] for.Nothin[/url] fancy....but it fits my personna! This ones gonna be my turkey gun. Any yall have any good turkey loads for a 11 guage??Have a good un yall!
pics3040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks skatter. Jack Garner and Brian Turner from TVM. Cant wait to work up some loads this weekend........TN ::

TNtrapper,
Adam, is that stock as nice as it appears in
the pics...also(and if you don't care to answer i
understand) what did you pay for it :hmm:
snake-eyes

My 10 ga. turkey load is;

4 drams (109 grains) Goex 2f
over-powder card
1/2" pre-lubed fiber wad
1 1/2 oz (by volume) #5 shot
thin over-shot card

Have used Blue and Gray components successfully. Currently using Circle Fly wads.

Have fun patterning that nice-lookin' smoothbore! :thumbsup:

My 11ga. turkey load: 80gr. FFg, overpowder card, pre-lubed wad, plastic shot cup with piston cut off, 1 1/8oz. #6 lead, overshot card. It's a fairly mild load becasue my 11ga. is an original percussion gun. I took 2 turkeys with this load, both at 17 steps. Based on patterning, this load is good to about 20 yards. Without the plastic shot cup, I was only good to about 15 yards. The plastic cup ain't exactly PC, but in the turkey woods I'll take every yard I can get!

:applause: :applause: :applause: Nice a plain Jane with class... Straight and to the point... Nice gun for sure..
Loyalist Dawg :hatsoff:

Back