• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

neighbor stopped by for coffee this AM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porcupines just walk right by

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20220612-091050.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220612-091050.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 0
Butts Corner NY 15 miles east of Oneonta.
I grew up in PA/DEL/NJ until '71, Texas since then. 🤠
I sure miss 4 seasons. We have Hot Summer, and Not-So-Hot Summer, which y'all call Winter.
Sometimes we get snow, but it doesn't last.
And most land is privately owned, so no trekking like y'all have in NY, PA, and elsewhere.

I'm just cranky this morning, 'cause I've been up since 5:30 watering my trees. Looks like I'm going to lose 2 four-inch oaks that were hidden in the back of the yard. They don't do well in 100 degrees during a drought.
Send cool-weather wishes to me when you go outside today, and I'll send you warm-weather wishes during your next blizzard. :cool:

Absolutely beautiful country. Priest Lake is in the top 5 of my favorite places.
upper Priest lake is 15 miles from us. we have to drive 150 miles to get there! used to be a road went through but a granite mountain calved about a million tons af rock onto it. hiked it once when i was younger. found a trappers cabin about half way. neat place.

Southern Lancaster county PA. Bears are scarce, but not unheard of.
Friend once looked from his second floor window in the town of Quarryville to see a cub in a tree looking back at him.
We also once had a wild turkey fighting its reflection in the window of the magistrate's office on the main drag through town.
Driving on a rural road before dawn not too many years ago encountered two bucks fighting in November. One hooked out a headlight on my car when I blew the horn at them.

Texas has steer wrestling, and Louisiana has gator wrestling,
but I sure wouldn't want to wrestle a bear to put a tag in his ear! :ghostly:
we get them drunk first! have assisted fin and feathers a couple times tagging bears. they are off in the arms of Morpheus before they are molested. usually take a tooth for aging and check for unusual parasites. definitely molested! :ghostly:

Attachments

• blackbear1.png
    blackbear1.png
    517.5 KB · Views: 0
  • blackbear2.png
    blackbear2.png
    577 KB · Views: 0
  • blackbear3.png
    blackbear3.png
    579.8 KB · Views: 0
  • blackbear5.png
    blackbear5.png