• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Coffee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of people do hence the popularity of Starbucks. I prefer a light roast --- flavor is more complex and, it has more caffeine. The more the roast the less the caffeine content
I do like dark, though the photo I posted tge beans are darker in the photograph than real life.
However, people don’t drink coffee from Starbucks, but hot or cold coffee flavored milkshakes
Realistically their coffee has to be ‘too strong’ so as to keep a flavor when mixed
Sort of bakers chocolate sort of thing.

Never roasted my own, I would like to try sometime. I do grind my coffee beans at the store, they work better in the stanley percolator coffee pot as most store bought coffee is ground too fine so it can be use in those cursed 🤬 single pass tea making, coffee wanna-be jobs...not for me, no sir. I like my coffee bitter like an ex-wife, black as a politicians heart and you damn sure better not be able to see the bottom!

Once again , I'm astounded , what a guy can learn on the Forum. WOW! There's a story in an old book I read. A young , "over- the- mountain boy " was sent East , by his father , to attend a school to be taught reading , writing , and other school studies not available on the frontier of western Appalachia. The travelers came to an inn on the eastern side of the mountains , and sat down to eat supper. The young boy sat at a long dinner table , with the rest of the guests. The food he was given was very tasty , but the dark colored drink he was supplied with , to wash the food down , was to him , unpalatable , and too strong to drink. To his dismay , soon as he drank the liquid from the small cup , someone came and filled the cup again . He was taught back woods table manners , that required him to eat and drink , what he was given , w/o complaint. Finally , the fellow sitting beside him was finished eating , and turned his empty cup upside down , so it couldn't be filled. At last , our back woods youngster , learned how to stop the foul liquid from automatically , going into his cup. Just turn the cup upside down before the meal , and the foul tasting , "coffee" wouldn't be dispensed. ............Can't remember the date of this story , so I'll have to reread some books in my collection. Could have been around 1800.
I remember this story too,,,, and also can't remember where I read it.
My 1st thought was that it is from the book for young adults, "Isaac, the road to King's Mountain," but,, that is King's Mountain, not heading to school. (By the way, great book for kids as well as adults with our interests)

A lot of people do hence the popularity of Starbucks. I prefer a light roast --- flavor is more complex and, it has more caffeine. The more the roast the less the caffeine content
Myth. Roasting darker or lighter dies not effect caffeine content. It does however effect acidity. Darker roasts are less acidic, counterintuitively

Back