• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

neighbor stopped by for coffee this AM

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That happened to a customer of mine abo

ut 3 miles from my house. He wound up shooting the sow with his bow. She came up the tree he was in about 6 times. He was hitting her in the head with the cam of his bow. Finally shot her. The game warden said ā€œ you should have seen how ripped up the tree was!ā€. That would get your attention for sure!!!

It all started when one of the cubs came up his tree. When he yelled at it, it got scared and fell out of the tree. The sow went nuts.

That happened to a customer of mine abo

ut 3 miles from my house. He wound up shooting the sow with his bow. She came up the tree he was in about 6 times. He was hitting her in the head with the cam of his bow. Finally shot her. The game warden said ā€œ you should have seen how ripped up the tree was!ā€. That would get your attention for sure!!!

It all started when one of the cubs came up his tree. When he yelled at it, it got scared and fell out of the tree. The sow went nuts.
Would be smart to carry bear spray.(IMHO) If mom is dead, we could lose all the cubs too.

Long time ago, I did field service, for a medical billing company. One of our clients was the hospital in Juneau AK. Iā€™d go in twice a year to clean and update their equipment.

So one year, the office manager invites me to her house for dinner, with her and her husband, after a long week of work. Great dinner, all wild game, wonderful mealā€¦great hospitality. After dinner, she asks me to take out the trashā€¦.so I grab the trash and Iā€™m headed out and her husband saysā€¦ā€Where you going?ā€ā€¦and I say that Iā€™m taking out the trash.

He hands me a .458 Winchester, and says. ā€œYou better take this this with you.ā€ā€¦and Iā€™m saying What?ā€¦

He says, ā€œThe bears know tomorrowā€™s trash day.ā€ OMGā€¦he was serious.

Alaska was such an eye opener for me.

I stayed in a little motel across from THE original Red Dog Saloon. Met a guy that was a retired DOW Officer for the state of Alaskaā€¦Iā€™d call him up every time I was coming into town. Heā€™d tell me story after story about his 25 years as a DOW officer, lots of grizzly storiesā€¦I kept buying him drinks. He was such a cool guy, very down to earth.

I loved my trips to Alaskaā€¦fun times.

Last edited:
I grew up in PA/DEL/NJ until '71, Texas since then. šŸ¤ 
I sure miss 4 seasons. We have Hot Summer, and Not-So-Hot Summer, which y'all call Winter.
Sometimes we get snow, but it doesn't last.
And most land is privately owned, so no trekking like y'all have in NY, PA, and elsewhere.

I'm just cranky this morning, 'cause I've been up since 5:30 watering my trees. Looks like I'm going to lose 2 four-inch oaks that were hidden in the back of the yard. They don't do well in 100 degrees during a drought.
Send cool-weather wishes to me when you go outside today, and I'll send you warm-weather wishes during your next blizzard. :cool:
47 degrees this morning

Back