• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Napolean movie reviews?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard on a critic site that Ridley is going to make a 4 hour version for streaming. Maybe put in the stuff he should have with this one?

I may be on the other side of the fence, but .. I liked it! Yeah it has a lot of Josephine related story lines. That being said, I feel it was necessary to follow that in order to understand him and his ego.

Anthony

It was really BAD. Should have been named “Josephine” because that was what it was really all about. I nearly walked out on it.
2.5 hours and about 2o minutes total of battle scenes. I was completely disappointed with this film. Ugh 👎👎👎
Yep. Haven’t seen it yet but plan to. Here we sit on a ML forum and all we want to see are muzzle blasts, cannon fire and gore.
I will invariably go with my wife, and she’ll love the Josephine stuff.
All that indicates that it will be loved as an epic story of human struggles and will be nominated for 32 Oscars!:thumb:

It was an "OK" movie to watch during a cold afternoon. It was a little heavy on the attention paid to Josephine, but then it's a movie of Napolean's and Josephine's lives, not just his battlefield experiences (unfortunately).

Watched a Ridley Scott interview on the film and he expressly stated this isn't a movie about battles. Its focus is on the relationship between Napoleon and Josephine. So there you go...straight from the horse's mouth. Take it for what it's worth before plunking down your money.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Watched a Ridley Scott interview on the film and he expressly stated this isn't a movie about battles. Its focus is on the relationship between Napoleon and Josephine. So there you go...straight from the horse's mouth. Take it for what it's worth before plunking down your money.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper
So any the battle scene trailer? And why not name it for what it’s about- Napoleon and Josephine? 👉🏻Cuz that wouldn’t sell 👈🏻

I’m put in mind of Twelve o’clock high. Very few battle scenes but the enormous stress of command and the men who had to climb aboard
I was hyped to see the movie, but reviews, not just here but across the board make me willing to wait for it to be on tv
Sounds like another great historic movie Hollywood screws up

Back