• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sargent York movie

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Watched the movie again and appreciate the number of what seem to be original (given 1941 production date) ML rifles. However I noticed that many had the ramrod sticking 3-4 inches past the muzzle of the rifle. Anytime I had a ramrod that was too long I seemed to catch it on branches and break it. Was this just prop room carelessness or historically accurate?

Watched the movie again and appreciate the number of what seem to be original (given 1941 production date) ML rifles. However I noticed that many had the ramrod sticking 3-4 inches past the muzzle of the rifle. Anytime I had a ramrod that was too long I seemed to catch it on branches and break it. Was this just prop room carelessness or historically accurate?
I have had two original late 19th century squirrel rifles with ramrods like that. My interpretation is that it just makes things easier when drawing out the rod, since they're smallbore and less material to get a hand out for pulling it out from under the barrel.

Back