• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My horn collection

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eterry

70 Cal.
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Between Red River Station and Doans Crossing, Tx.
Here are some horns I've collected over the past 45 years. My family ran hounds, so blowing Horns were a part of life.
The dark goat horn belonged to a WWI veteran who lived with us, he was born 1900, it was his father's, maybe 140+ years old. I like how they carved out a notch for a lanyard. It has a great tone, I've used it often.

The one with the brass cap was a bolt that was hammered on an anvil to create the handle. Never seen one with a screw in cap.
One was obviously a blowing horn that the hole was carved too big, most blowing Horns are very thin and have a real small hole. Grandpa sat on his 100 year old horn and shattered it in the 70s.

They aren't for sale, I just wanted to show them off. I have another that was cleaned out, cut the top off, capped and done. It still has the original texture and rough as a cob.

20240512_151730.jpg

20240512_151719.jpg
20240512_151745.jpg
20240512_151736.jpg

Back