• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Witnessed Unsafe Behaviors

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And once again, what is unsafe about blowing down the barrel of an empty muzzleloader?
Unless someone is to stupid to know if they just fired their gun or not, in which case.......

No yelling that time
It's a bad habit. Period. Don't waste bandwidth trying to convince me otherwise.
As an RSO/RM for over 30 years I'm certified and qualified to make that judgement.

wm

This thread has been both entertaining and instructional. I have been rather astonished that some folks will admit to blowing down the barrel of a gun, whether discharged or not, and even more surprised that some would defend the practice. I’m a relative newcomer to our hobby/sport but I’ve never seen anyone with whom I’ve been shooting do this. I haven’t read every post so I don’t know if someone may have already mentioned this, but if someone really thinks it’s beneficial why not blow into the vent hole or nipple instead? I see friends in my club do so but I’ve never asked anyone why. It only seems marginally safer to me. And I can’t help but ask (and I would put this in capital letters but I don’t want to offend anyone), who ever decided it was a good idea to put the muzzle of any firearm in your mouth???

WRONG!

HOW MANY TIMES DO I AND OTHERS HAVE TO SAY IT!

IT IS NOT ABOUT EMBERS!!!!!!!

IT IS MOISTURE FOR FOULING CONTROL!!!!

MOISTURE!!!! WOULD DO WHAT TO AN EMBER!!!!

SOME OF THE HARDEST HEADED PEOPLE EVER!
yelling is a violation of rule 32 ofcthis forum. You agreed to abide by the rules when you joined. You want to yell at someone, go outside and yell or do it o a range when you see an unsafe practice. You are one capital letter away from my ignore button. Thank you and have a good day.

IF! you are so stupid you don't know if your gun fired five seconds ago you should not!
Blow down the barrel
Wipe the barrel, it might go off and injure your hand
Pour powder down the barrel, you may double charge it and blow up your gun

IF! your so stupid you need a range officer to hold your hand or you'll shoot yourself

Maybe this sport is not for you!

LIke I care if stupid people put me on their ignore list.

I asked for a beer.jpg

IF! you are so stupid you don't know if your gun fired five seconds ago you should not!
Blow down the barrel
Wipe the barrel, it might go off and injure your hand
Pour powder down the barrel, you may double charge it and blow up your gun

IF! your so stupid you need a range officer to hold your hand or you'll shoot yourself

Maybe this sport is not for you!

LIke I care if stupid people put me on their ignore list.

View attachment 109182
So we now have someone is has never been wrong but yet i never said i blew down a barrel. So he must be assuming i do.....i do not see the need to do that with my rifles. But yet he can insult me by calling me stupid. What i can say for a fact is some folks have begun to take advantage of this forum and are turning it into a hateful, nasty place to come to. Why? Having a bad day does not justify taking it out on the great folks on this forum. If you always have to be right, get the last word in, win every conversation, no thank you. That is not why i am here.

Did not say any particular person was stupid.....

Just those who do not know if their gun fired five seconds ago
Sure you did. I can read. Violating another forum rule.

"LIke I care if stupid people put me on their ignore list."

Who else could you be referring to since 20 minutes earlier i said i was going to ignore you and i am the only person to say it in this thread? You really do think i am stupid don't you? This would be considered violaring rules 12, 13 and 14 to go along with your previous 32.

Reactions: BEP
Ahhh, you forget grasshopper. Ignore button work wonderful. Make life very happy on forum. Day much mo better now. Now back to stay on topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back