• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzle loading magazine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackP

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Which magazine do you flintlock builders like the best.

It would be great to subscribe to one that covers building, hunting, and shooting these great firearms.

Thanks

Jack

necchi said:
There isn't one to recommend.
Nothing specific to flintlock and all the things your looking for.

Yep, there is nothing worth while out there. Muzzle Blast is worthless in my opinion.

I find muzzle blasts to be one of the few magazines I get that I read from cover to cover, including all of the adds. While membership seems high for those of us who do not attend Friendship, the money goes to support our sport and therefore is money well spent. :idunno:

I like Muzzle loader Mag. Nothing modern or camo.
Good stories and articles. Most all is Flintlock
and in this issue Master Ennis is featured. His
work is far beyond description. I have know him
since he was 16 and have handled and shot many of
his works. Splendid workmanship. Check out the
spurs....gasp !
Wulf

OK....but did you CK out page 70 ??? His contribution alone makes the magazine worth while.
Wulf......also Bias

In my opinion, there is no magazine even close to MUZZLELOADER. ML magazine covers a wide variety of subjects including history, crafts, shooting, and how-to's, and in color on high quality paper. All things considered, there just is no substitute.

Thanks for your opinions, but I was talking about a 15 shot clip :rotf: .

Really I subsribed to Muzzleloader mag a few days ago.

Thanks again

Jack

If the magazine wasn't all about Friendship, Dixons, the Eastern or Western Shoots it might be worth my while, There are a WHOLE bunch of us folks that don't live close enough for anyone to attend. Now I know that Friendship can't be moved but there are a whole lot of cities that have big convention centers that something like a Dixons Trade Fair can be held. They could rotate through the states. That's where I want my money to go to. I've been a member for a year, and I haven't seen an article on how to tune set triggers, or locks. They also need more hunting articles with flintlocks or Caplocks, Say one small game article and one large game (Deer, Elk, Mule Deer, Moose, article.) and no inlines! :slap: . Also they could throw in a making a Powder horn article, with each month covering a certain aspect, like making the base plug, what stains you can use to get to a desired color. They could do the same with a hunting bag. Just my 10 cents worth.

short version: Muzzleloader

Much to my shame, I managed to let my subscription to Muzzleloader lapse and i've yet to renew it (although it is on my 'punch list'). What appeals to me about Muzzleloader (as opposed to Muzzle Blasts) is that the former does not print a bunch of stuff about in- lines, plastic stocks, and a bunch of rifles that claim to be muzzle loaders, but really try to look like a Remington 700 bred to an AR-15.

(WARNING-TIRADE FOLLOWS)

if it doesn't have a side lock, or isn't an underhammer, it's not really a muzzle loader, and I don't really care if the projectile and propellant are separate, together, go in from the back, the front, the side or whatever ... I don't care is Scotty beams them into the chamber by way of the transporter ...

no sidelock: no muzzleloader status ... simple?

any questions? fine- -keep 'em to yourself.

now if you want to shoot one of 'those things,' I suppose that you have a right to do so. you have a right to smear dog poo in your hair, too.

what you don't have is a right or any standing to expect me to participate in your odious behavior.

(OK - it's safe to come out now, the tirade is over and the danger has passed)

Muzzle Blasts, however, is connected to the NMLRA, which does a great deal for the ML community, and I would support it even without the magazine ... I do miss the Bevel Brothers.

make good smoke!

Have gotten Both Muzzle blasts and Muzzleloader magazines.

I pick muzzleloader over the other for enjoyment and knowledge.

Muzzle blast is great when you are a competitive shooter but to much manure of reminisces and poetry stuff of Friendship sucked, after Fort Ty ML association. closed so did my subscription. If they got rid of most of the friendship stuff I would ave remained.

My vote goes to Muzzleloader. I've only bought two copies so far (off the rack) but I'm really finding it very informative and helpful. I'm about to pop for a subscription. I've never read Muzzle Blast, but I wouldn't mind checking it out so I can make an informed decision.

yup........i WISH i could write, as i would try and write articles~ under the ghost name tomtom.... :hmm: :rotf:

marc n tomtom

Back