• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

muzzle loader information

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezyed

32 Cal.
Reaction score
As I am getting older and having eye problems it is getting harder to sight my T/CHawken .54 cal. I already have gone to fiber optic sights that helped a great deal, but am looking for a scope mount. I have not been able to find one localy or even on the internet yet. Can some one make a suggestin?
Thanks
Ed

edwin Koberle said:
As I am getting older and having eye problems it is getting harder to sight my T/CHawken .54 cal. I already have gone to fiber optic sights that helped a great deal, but am looking for a scope mount. I have not been able to find one localy or even on the internet yet. Can some one make a suggestin?
Thanks
Ed
Just get it from TC...that way you'll know you have exactly the right stuff

round ball, thanks,I have tried fox ridge outfitters and they don`t list one. I was told that was the place to get things for my T/C.
Ed :hmm:

edwin Koberle said:
round ball, thanks,I have tried fox ridge outfitters and they don`t list one. I was told that was the place to get things for my T/C.
Ed :hmm:
Well, TC carries a line of "Hawken Hunter" scopes and they surely sell the bases...Fox Ridge catalog page 80 lists the bases.

I'd just call and ask them straight out.
Fox Ridge = 800-243-4570.
TC Customer Service = 603-332-2333

Note: You'll need to get a hammer that they make to go with their scopes which has a designed curve in it to miss hitting the scope

:hmm: Have you thought about peep sights. You can't hunt with scopes here and a friend had the same problem about seeing. He said it made a big diffrence. Just a thought. Keeping it traditional.

Hacksaw, to a point they help but when the eyes go to far you need the help. If the state allows you to use them I say fine but if it is against the rules I feel bad for the hunter but "it is what it is".

If this man wants to use a traditional rifle and it is the only way he can do it and it's legal. Go for it :thumbsup:

Call Foxridge directly like Roundball said. I live close to them and can tell you they have the mounts on the shelves.

Hacksaw..Here in Wisconsin you can use a muzzle loader during the regular rifle season with a scope but you cannot during the mussle loader season. Funny laws aren`t there. Problem for me is that I have macular degeneration in my normal sighting eye and have to soot left handed, it`s not fun. thanks for your thoughts though.

Do you wear glasses to improve your vision? Commonly, lenses are ground so that the focal point is placed in the center. They can be ground so the best focus is in the corner to sharpen up the sights. You'll have to find a optomitrist who is a shooter to get them to understand your problem. If your problem is loss of the ability to switch focus, like all us old folks, try focusin' on the front sight exclusively, and leaving both the rear and target fuzzy. A peep sight eliminates the need to align the rear sight with the front, just look through it at the front. The smaller aperatures will help sharpen the front sight, but hardly improve accuracy, so one that allows enough light won't be a waste of effort. :v

"Pittsburghunter said"
Hacksaw, to a point they help but when the eyes go to far you need the help. If the state allows you to use them I say fine but if it is against the rules I feel bad for the hunter but "it is what it is".
If this man wants to use a traditional rifle and it is the only way he can do it and it's legal. Go for it

Hey I agree :hatsoff:

In Wisconsin you can use a 1X scope during the muzzleloading season. The 1X does not have any magncation. This also means you can use a red dot, but I would recommend the 1X first. You may use a higher power scope during the regular gun seasons. You can put the scope in weaver rings and use a 1x during the muzzleloading season and have another scope of higher power also set up in weaver rings. You can then switch scopes without losing zero.
I know first hand of eye problems due to old age and hope this info keeps you in the field rather than in the house. Good luck in the field.

I recently added T/C's hunting peep tang sight to my 54. You will need a .600 high front. ( found out the hardway) Accuracy is much better than open sights. I opened up the peep slightly, great for hunting and best of all it looks right on the gun without going to a scope.

Back