• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rifle (gasp!) scope for Pedersoli Frontier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce H

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am having a harder and harder time getting my old eyes to focus on the sights on my Pedersoli Frontier percussion. Several years ago I changed out the original sights for fiber optic and that helped a lot, although it almost killed me to do that. Now, after a couple days at the range last week, it's becoming pretty obvious I have to do something more. I've just started to look at reproduction scopes on the order of 3x power. Can anyone tell me what the quality manufactures are? I really don't want a modern-looking scope and I don't want to give up on my sidelock. FYI, I use the rifle for target plinking, deer hunting, and youth day at the gun club for kids to shoot.

This is what I use and I'm very happy with it. It did require a " fine elevation screw up grade " for repeatable sight settings. It's a Malcolm Long Tube scope mounted on my Mortimer/Whitworth by Pedersoli. Lens are very clear. The mount that comes with it is very difficult to use for repeat settings with out the fine adjustment screw. It is a 6x power lens
Hope this helps. Kno-ie

Attachments

• 20210813_120416.jpg
    20210813_120416.jpg
    947.3 KB · Views: 0
I am having a harder and harder time getting my old eyes to focus on the sights on my Pedersoli Frontier percussion. Several years ago I changed out the original sights for fiber optic and that helped a lot, although it almost killed me to do that. Now, after a couple days at the range last week, it's becoming pretty obvious I have to do something more. I've just started to look at reproduction scopes on the order of 3x power. Can anyone tell me what the quality manufactures are? I really don't want a modern-looking scope and I don't want to give up on my sidelock. FYI, I use the rifle for target plinking, deer hunting, and youth day at the gun club for kids to shoot.
Have you tried peep sights they worked for me.

I was having the same problem even with bi-focal glasses. Found out the trouble was my Blacksmith cataracts. Had them removed with lens implants and I can see like when I was in my 40s without glasses. My surgeon assured me I would be able to see open and peep sites both rifle and pistol and he was correct. The only glasses I need occasionally are cheap reading cheaters for very fine print or close work. I'm a happy camper now.

Latest posts

Back