• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Musket caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What muzzleloader are you working on? What kind of problems? Nipple stuck? Threads strip out? Did you double check the threads with a thread pitch gauge? There are a lot of guys on this forum with many years of experience, someone would likely offer sound advise if we could narrow down the issue.

If you were just making a statement, then I would highly recommend a thread pitch gauge. They are under $10 at most hardware stores and you might find it useful for this and other projects.

I wanted to fire musket caps on my traditions deer stalker .it was supposed to screw right on ,but I had to go to the next size up and retap it fires musket caps just fine now

@waarp8nt, you are correct. The Traditions will likely have a 6mm x 1.00 threaded nipple. It is close to 1/4-28 but those sizes are not interchangeable. Running a 1/4-18 tap through a 6x1.00 threaded nipple seat will weaken the threads. In my opinion, @espinofermin6 weakened the threads in the nipple seat and will have problems in the future. One day the threads will give way and the nipple will be stripped out of bolster.

Back