• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Musket nipples fit on sporting type long guns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveoko922

40 Cal
Reaction score
I've been avoiding buying a nice long rifle due to the availability of #11 caps and have a large amount of musket caps on hand. Do they make nipples that take a musket cap that will fit on most percussion type rifles? Would like a nice .45 caliber and save on shooting my .58s

I've been avoiding buying a nice long rifle due to the availability of #11 caps and have a large amount of musket caps on hand. Do they make nipples that take a musket cap that will fit on most percussion type rifles? Would like a nice .45 caliber and save on shooting my .58s
It does not work as well as you think. The nipple may fit but the hammer?????
Lots of issues can show up.
If I were you I would consider a good flintlock.

I also use musket caps on several percussion sporting rifles, just get the correct thread size. Plus it's cheap enough to try out for the cost of a nipple.

It does not work as well as you think. The nipple may fit but the hammer?????
Lots of issues can show up.
If I were you I would consider a good flintlock.
Yes indeed. I put a musket nipple on my GPR and the hammer face is sufficiently centered to clear the cap. Each rifle has to be evaluated for suitability for this option.

Latest posts

Back