• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Military Heritage Arms aka Access Heritage arms in Canada ?????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice that something as sophisticated as a Kibler is made in the USA! No "China" there! :)

Believe me, we Aussies envy you over there with the availability of good quality ML's and gear, I always crack a smile when I read of Americans complaining about how costly American made ML's are, spare a thought for it what costs us to buy one of yours over here in Aussie land.
Although its not an American company, a new Pedersoli over here will cost me in excess of AU$2000 -$2500 as an example.

Believe me its a bureaucratic nightmare now to import a ML, I'm currently waiting on 3 separate Govt departments to approve my application to import a 2nd hand Flintlock ML from South Carolina. Then comes the Fedex freight to Australia which is expected to be around AUS$1000 to 1500.

Believe me its a bureaucratic nightmare now to import a ML, I'm currently waiting on 3 separate Govt departments to approve my application to import a 2nd hand Flintlock ML from South Carolina. Then comes the Fedex freight to Australia which is expected to be around AUS$1000 to 1500.
Yikes. I guess I'd better stop whining about shipping costs to Alaska.

I just saw a new Pedersoli RM Hawken listed at AU$3000, here in Australia, the dealers mark ups (no names mentioned) are extortionate.
Wow and hear in Canada we just have to deal with the exchange on the looney which is around 25cenfs on the dollar and about 80$ to ship a gun .sofor example a 1000& gun in the USA would cost us about 1500$ dollars Canadian ,here’s an idea just send the marines up and make us one country.Problem solved.

Gentlemen,
I can tell my experience.
I owned a Discriminating General/Access History musket. It was a strange colored stock (orange tint) and had a 473 pound trigger pull. I sold it. Then I found Middlesex and got a blunderbuss. It was better, but the stock looked almost painted with finish/varnish was ok, but not great. I sold it. Then I found Loyalist. I bought a 42 musket, an EIC pistol, a 1777 French Carbine and have a Brunswick on the way.
The finish has been good and looked right. The fit was as good as my Lymans, and they sparked or capped well. Customer service is great. I can't say enough good things. Each company has a different supplier. I think Loyalist has much better quality control than the other companies.
If you are a safe shooter, you won't have any issues.
David

Wow. Seems like there would be some opportunity there for local custom builders to compete with imports.

We wish, GRRW were all the go Downunder in the 70-80's, then Alan Vaisham (great bloke and craftsman) bought them out and kept making quality ML's both in Flint and Percussion right up until around the late 90's as I recall.

Some fellas also made good ML's out of parts and kits they imported, but they've generally given it up over time. Thankfully we're seeing some of the pre-owned good stuff coming up for sale from time to time as 2nd hand stock, but its a case of checking the internet sites regularly and having the $'s ready to snap something worthwhile up as it happens.

Back