• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Military Heritage India-made Fusil de Chasse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, buy a domestically made one, Rob Miller makes a fine, affordable gun, that all you will have to do, is load and fire it. I have owned more smoothbore guns than most, and I can say your money is better spent here, than on some questionably made gun in a third world country. Save a few more dollars, buy a used one if you can. It will still be a better gun than anything coming out of Bangalore.... I traded for each of these. I shoot .69 caliber smoothbore, and each of these was made here in the US....Do what you want, but above is some pretty solid advice, from someone who has been there and done that. A good, American Made, used trade gun, can be had for the same price as one of those monstrosities from India. I help folks find good, used Trade Guns....Friends don't let friends shoot India made guns!!
FWIW,
I got my Jackie Brown Fusil de Chasse lightly used and 2nd hand. It' beautiful, light, balances and handles great, and - as near as I can tell from what research I've managed- is quite close to the originals.
It's so accurate that it'll be my deer "rifle" this year. (It has chained holes at 50 yds - amazing me.)

As a "target" firelock, in the hands of someone with younger/better eyesight than mine, I see no reason you should not consider a light, long .62 smoothie. Good luck finding a good one - even if you need to pare the stock a bit.

I refuse to offer the information you request as I feel it will be misused and hurt my source which I do not want to happen. You can believe me or not, that is your choice.
I DON’T believe you. You sir are a poltroon (I airways wanted to use that word). A polyp on the gonads of our hobby. You talk the talk yet will not say who you are or show your proof.

I am not alone in my disbelief.

Enough is known about Indian guns to make well informed judgment call on them.

Personally i think this debate is largely based on emotions that folks need to justify to themselves and others why they chose to invest in such a low quality item, you’ve really just identified yourself as one of them.

BTW if i haven’t said this, Buy American Made, America strong.
We're all posting on electronic equipment made in The Middle Kingdom; China.

No it is not, it is closer in meaning to a 'scallywag'
But I thought only pirates were scallywags 🫤
Therefore if pirates are both scallywags and rapscallions ( which of course they were), wouldn’t that in fact make them poltroons, scallywags and rapscallions? Ergo, a poltroon is, in fact, a rapscallion, correct?

Last edited:
Electronics like laptops and cell phones don’t appreciate in value they depreciate to almost no value, it’s not the same
That’s an interesting outlook, and me thinks it colors our different points of view.
Should you spend high dollar on a gun you should expect that to appreciate in value, if well cared for.
I have often joked that I’m real good at turning a thousand dollars worth of parts in to a five hundred dollar gun.
I buy a gun to use. Should I have a gun at a thousand dollars and I use it and shoot it and sleep with it wrapped in by blackest when I’m camping, and sit under a tree when it’s raining, and may even be called on to make field repairs and the gun depreciates to five hundred or even two after ten years that means I spent a hundred a year, or even fifty.
On good restaurant meal, one trip for one to silver dollar city. I don’t think a hundred would go far at Disneyland.
It’s cheap fun.
I buy a gun for my gun, not for a future investment.
I deal with a model company for ship models.
Those run several hundred and even up to fifteen or more. What return am I going to get…. None
Except my fun of putting it together. My last one was two years in the building.
A five hundred dollar model was twenty dollars a month for my fun
I couldn’t get my investment back for my hobby but I got a lot of fun for not much money.

That’s an interesting outlook, and me thinks it colors our different points of view.
Should you spend high dollar on a gun you should expect that to appreciate in value, if well cared for.
I have often joked that I’m real good at turning a thousand dollars worth of parts in to a five hundred dollar gun.
I buy a gun to use. Should I have a gun at a thousand dollars and I use it and shoot it and sleep with it wrapped in by blackest when I’m camping, and sit under a tree when it’s raining, and may even be called on to make field repairs and the gun depreciates to five hundred or even two after ten years that means I spent a hundred a year, or even fifty.
On good restaurant meal, one trip for one to silver dollar city. I don’t think a hundred would go far at Disneyland.
It’s cheap fun.
Those run several hundred and even up to fifteen or more. What return am I going to get…. None
Except my fun of putting it together. My last one was two years in the building.
I couldn’t get my investment back for my hobby but I got a lot of fun for not much money.

Yes, anyone who has owned a rifle shoppe, custom gun, miroku or pedersoli, has seen these guns skyrocket in value. Even poor condition ones have a pretty good return on value.

I had a centermark tulle gun that sold for 1800, i think i paid like 600 for it as a second hand kit.

It’s cheap fun.

Yep, I buy muzzleloaders with the hopes of shooting them enough to wear them completely out. Ain’t happened yet, but I’m working on it!😄

I don't know whether to just keep reading or start stirring the pot LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231115-201350_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231115-201350_Google.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 0
We're all posting on electronic equipment made in The Middle Kingdom; China.
Is a ‘poltroon’ like a ‘rapscallion’? 🤔

Some rumours have it that seriously flawed individuals are genetically embedded in certain families Biden their time, liberally peppered with Curmudgeons; Cads; Shysters; and the collared criminal class rarely brought to account.

Therefore if pirates are both scallywags and rapscallions ( which of course they were), wouldn’t that in fact make them poltroons, scallywags and rapscallions? Ergo, a poltroon is, in fact, a rapscallion, correct?

Surely that varies with the outcome of their job interviews.....

Yes, however all three are in the inevitable association of the more abundant ner'do wells.

It’s cheap fun.

Sir it seems we have a lot in common, I've come to believe over my adult life that if ones hard earned money isnt wasted on gambling, loose women; expensive booze; tobacco; and unnecessary upgrades to Cars then ML Gurns and anything that utilizes our creative urges has to be a positive path in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back