• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

MidSouth Lyman Barrels???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rafsob

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these barrels? I have a Cabala's Hawkin Sportized Hawkens and would like to add another barrel in a 50 cal. with a twist rate that can handle PRBs. I believe this barrel for the Deerstalker is a 1 in 48". I like the price and I believe the barrel is from InvestArm of Italy. I am familiar with this company and like their products. Midsouth is selling it at this site:
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=000156993103

Like I said the price is right, $119.78. I need a barrel that has a single wedge connection and the Trade Rifle and Deerstalker has a single wedge pin connection. The Deerstalker looks exactly like my Cabalas Hawken, but am not sure if it is in fact the same gun. Does anyone know for sure? In the catelog the Trade Rifle barrels are about $10 cheaper. I don't know why though they seem like they are very similar. All this can get very confusing. So your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Cabela's Hawken is actually identical to the Lyman Trade Rifle. I'm not sure the Deerstalker barrel would fit.

As for the quality of the barrels they sell, they are Investarms/Lyman factory replacements and they are exactly what comes on their new rifles so they are good barrels. I have extra barrels for my GPR that I bought from Midsouth.

HD

Rafsob said:
Like I said the price is right, $119.78. I need a barrel that has a single wedge connection and the Trade Rifle and Deerstalker has a single wedge pin connection. The Deerstalker looks exactly like my Cabalas Hawken, but am not sure if it is in fact the same gun. Does anyone know for sure? In the catelog the Trade Rifle barrels are about $10 cheaper. I don't know why though they seem like they are very similar. All this can get very confusing. So your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! ;)

Both the Trade rifle and the Deerstalker are 1-48" twist barrels but have the same groove depth as the 1-60" twist GPR barrels so they are super accurate with a patched ball.

I believe I read another members report that the barrels for the Trade and Deerstalker will interchange since the hooked breech is the same and the wedge pin slot is in the same place.

The only difference would be that the Trade rifle barrel is 28" and the Deerstalker is 24"

Bought a Barrel from Midsouth, for my lefty GPR, after I short started and bulged the Barrel. First rate quality and very accurate after getting it broken in...

Thanks for the info guys. I love the carbine for hunting, but would love to get a barrel for PRBs and target shooting.

I also thought the Trade and Deerstalker rifles barrels looked the same, but wasn't sure. I like the 1 in 48" because it is a little more versatile and can be use for conicals or PRBs.

Back