• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

MAY CONTEST

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I know you all have been waiting for Adui's next shooting contest so, here it is.

Again, Adui is handling the judging and contest. Beyond posting it in this area of the forum, I have nothing to do with it.

NOT St Patrick ’s Day St Patrick’s Day shoot

This was suggested by a member too late to use for St Patrick's Day, but I have a spot for it now and I like it so here it is:

Find your Target here:
https://www.luckygunner.com/images/banners/Targets/Targets-Bowling-Pin-greyscale.pdf

It was brought to my attention when I started doing these contests that there are some who might like to participate but for one reason or another cannot print the targets. So, in the interest of adding members I will make the following offer:

For so long as I am able, if you want to participate and cannot print, you can send me a self addressed and stamped envelope. I will print you a target using my black and white laser printer and send it to you in your envelope.

Anyone who wants to do this, needs to get the envelope to me early in the month so you will have time to shoot it and send it back.

I might point out though; the cost of that SASE is more than it would cost you to go to a public library and use their computer / printer. (Mine costs like 10 +/- cents a page.) Of course, sending me the SASE IS certainly more convenient; and I am happy to provide for so long as I can do so.

Rules:

Scoring will be as follows:

1 shot fired at the top Shamrock. Score for this will be 1 point per clover leaf hit, 5 points total for a hit dead center of the shamrock.

1 shot fired at the neck band. This is worth 1 point but must land entirely in the band without breaking the topmost and bottom most band edges. Shots breaking the line to either side of the neck pin will only count if the ball lies more than 50% inside of the pin.

The remaining three shots to be fired at the base of the pin. Each is worth 1 point but must be within the base (can break the line) and MUST NOT touch the shamrock.

Shots are to be taken off hand at 25 yards

Take 5 shots only; misses count!

Highest score wins

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

You may fill your target in with color as you wish so long as the target lines are still CLEARLY visible.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)
In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by May 31, 2018 to:

Terry Stephens
9043 E Butternut Ave
Mesa AZ 85208

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that was fast Zonie! :hatsoff:

I would like to emphasize one sentence in my offer to print and mail targets. For so long as I am able

Unfortunately for me, like the rest of us. Life tends to happen, so I want to go into that offer with an understanding so there are no hurt feelings if something comes up.

Lucky Gunner site gives me a "404 not found" message. There must be so many of us trying to print targets we're jamming their bandwith. :haha:

Hey! I never thought of that! Just call up the target on your smartphone, and set the phone out at 25 yards and shoot it. Brilliant! Just Brilliant I tell you!

Link does not work on my computer or phone. Get the 404 message. Ignored it and went to free targets and think I found the right one but got the 404 message again when I clicked on it.

Dave

Ames said:
Works for me. Try again.

"Mail your target postmarked by Mary 31, 2018 to:"
I can't find Mary 31 on my calendar or in my little black book. :idunno:
:cursing: I KNOW I changed that date!! :cursing:
Stupid word documents!!
Oh.. I see now.. I didn't delete the R hen I clicked in and backspaced to change March to May.
:redface: :redface:

Zonie, please edit the date due to show MAY 31st...

Ames said:
Do all 5 shots have to come from the same gun?
An intriguing question!! I don't think I've ever seen that question in a shooting contest here before!

I'm going to say NO; they do not. You may use as many (up to 5) guns as you wish so long as they fit the parameters listed in the rules.

Everyone; Luckygunner's sight is back up bu the targets area seems to be missing still. If they don't fix it before next weekend Ill have to figure something else out. Sorry for the technical delays.

Maven said:
Just printed my target. This will be a challenge, to say the least!

Maven, if you haven't already shot and have the ability to do so, please scan your target and e-mail it to me at [email protected]. Worst case scenario Ill upload it to a picture sight.

I have GOOD news!! I wont need to find a host for the target after all. I just finished a chat with the website tech support. The free targets section is down for maintenance, but should be available again shortly.

Back