• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Making Barnett N.W. gun for Ricky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More finished pics ifn they'll load ... I got the lock working correctly , safely but it won't stay at full cock in the stock SO ....its obviously hanging up somewhere in the mortice or the trigger is too high and needs to be taken down a bit .... After coffee break I'll get on that ... I really like this N.W. gun !Than
Wow! Beautiful job. Someday, I would really like to have you make one for me.
[/QUOTE Thank you Sir . Hope I can do that for ya !! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20231212_163816.jpg
    IMG_20231212_163816.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231212_163810.jpg
    IMG_20231212_163810.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231212_163913.jpg
    IMG_20231212_163913.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231212_163631.jpg
    IMG_20231212_163631.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
You're lucky you live so far away. Otherwise, I'd be lurking in your shop every morning with a cup of coffee, watching your builds.
LOL !!! Why thank ya bud ... I'm pretty slow though , esp. in these short winter days. You'd be pretty bored after the first month er so :)

If its easy enough, remove the trigger guard and trigger. If the lock holds at full cock, trip it with a small screwdriver. If all works well, I’d bet the trigger bar might be a bit too high. Seems to be a test that works for me. Best wishes!
Thanks bud ... It was the tumbler , notch too deep . Full cock the sear arm way too low ...I replaced the tumbler ...working great now ....

Back