• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Build a N.W. Blanket Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but ...Darn it Walt ... Then I'm gonna have to learn ta read and write and such ... This talkin to the phone app is great !! :D Back to my Soup Operas !!!
Well you do better than most of ole guys can read so we’ll do with a soup opera book how’s that .lol

Shes in the fat stage , " in the rough " stage " now ... time to take her down to final shape now ....

Attachments

• IMG_20240107_160556.jpg
    IMG_20240107_160556.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240107_160605.jpg
    IMG_20240107_160605.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Shes in the fat stage , " in the rough " stage " now ... time to take her down to final shape now ....
Hey Rob is this gonna have a butt plate and front sight or is it gonna be a point and shoot up close and personal kinda gun ,just wondering.I think in my foreign country the barrel can’t be less than 16“s un less our fearless leader some how changed it .

Hey Rob is this gonna have a butt plate and front sight or is it gonna be a point and shoot up close and personal kinda gun ,just wondering.I think in my foreign country the barrel can’t be less than 16“s un less our fearless leader some how changed it .
No buttplate, they didnt have buttplates on them , basically ment as pistols or the like , but I am gonna put a front sight blade on it , the fella wants one ... 16" barrels minimum in Canada , eh ? Sure love those 14" wind chimes though !! :)

Last edited:

.... Workin it....
Over 30 degrees and your wearing gloves it was - 25 c hear today and needed gloves but then your between the Great Lakes and the Atlantic
and I know that it doesn’t have to get real cold when the air is damp to freeze your cheeks.😀Plus an east wind hear and it can get nasty kinda like damp air time for the long johns .😞

Over 30 degrees and your wearing gloves it was - 25 c hear today and needed gloves but then your between the Great Lakes and the Atlantic
and I know that it doesn’t have to get real cold when the air is damp to freeze your cheeks.😀Plus an east wind hear and it can get nasty kinda like damp air time for the long johns .😞
LOL !! No long johns but even this fat guy ain't gonna be as tough as you Canadians ! Funny story ...I'll try to make it short ....was workin in a job in Florida in early March .... We had worked an hour and had to stop for an outdoor meeting with the @$%h0!es , i mean bosses .... Us from.Ohio , Michigan , Indiana, PA ....we are all in sleeveless t shirt and jeans , I was sweating .... The guys from Florida , Texas and Mexico .... Still had their hoodies , coats , gloves on and hoods over their heads and closed tight !!couldnt see their faces hardly ! LOL ... Quite a noticable difference :)

LOL !! No long johns but even this fat guy ain't gonna be as tough as you Canadians ! Funny story ...I'll try to make it short ....was workin in a job in Florida in early March .... We had worked an hour and had to stop for an outdoor meeting with the @$%h0!es , i mean bosses .... Us from.Ohio , Michigan , Indiana, PA ....we are all in sleeveless t shirt and jeans , I was sweating .... The guys from Florida , Texas and Mexico .... Still had their hoodies , coats , gloves on and hoods over their heads and closed tight !!couldnt see their faces hardly ! LOL ... Quite a noticable difference :)
Saw the same thing in California when I was in the Marines. My problem. I was stationed out there long enough to partially acclimate and about died my first winter back in the Midwest. That Canadian feller is right about the moisture off the lakes and such making the cold feel worse. 30 degrees in the Mojave at night in the winter isn't anything like it is here. Still cold but not bone chilling.

Another funny ....a couple days ago ...Us three Amigos are having our morning ritual of coffee on the store porch outside . Just sippin coffee , tellin lies , LOL ...This out of state couple pulls up , goes in the store ...when they come out , she asks if she can take a picture of us all drinkin coffee in the snow ... LOL !! Sure we say ! Big grins holdin up our cups ! She was flabbergasted we were enjoying coffee time early in the morning in the snow ! LOL ... :)

Stamp barrel with appropriate stamps , file barrel rings on , fit trigger guard to stock after making flat spot for it to mount , file and sand high spots and ridges for lines to flow better ....solder on front blade and file fit it , center it , etc ..

Attachments

• IMG_20240111_152545.jpg
    IMG_20240111_152545.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240111_155932.jpg
    IMG_20240111_155932.jpg
  • IMG_20240111_155702.jpg
    IMG_20240111_155702.jpg
  • IMG_20240111_164419.jpg
    IMG_20240111_164419.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240111_154743.jpg
    IMG_20240111_154743.jpg
  • IMG_20240111_151637.jpg
    IMG_20240111_151637.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Put barrel in and tighten down good , file tang and wood flush , sand area good to done grit , draw on tang carving design and start carving it out ...still in rough stage. Finish it up later ...

Attachments

• IMG_20240111_173653.jpg
    IMG_20240111_173653.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240111_171032.jpg
    IMG_20240111_171032.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240111_170436.jpg
    IMG_20240111_170436.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240111_164440.jpg
    IMG_20240111_164440.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Bolt on the side plate , trace it with a pencil , remove S.P. ... chisel straight down following inside of lines with 1/8" chisel , dig it all out .... Where I'm.at now . Then ...inlet black the back of S.P. and bolt back down and then remove ....youll see spots on the edgescand high spots in the center to remove to get the S.P. to fit properly .Only inlet a little ways down , half way max .....then drill your hole for tail screw ...

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_105220.jpg
    IMG_20240113_105220.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
I hope you are keeping warm up there! Get some stove wood in that stove!
Thanks bud ... Being lazy in cabin right now , its 70 in here ! Wood stove ... Today aint supposed to be terrible bad temp wise but next two weeks ! Geesh !! Single digits at night and teens for high in day ! Crazy .... Funny ... My Montana and Canadian friends would love to have such warm temperatures ! They are all well below zero now ! Won't be much gun work gettin done in the near future here I tell ya ! :D

Latest posts

Back