• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Magazines

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muzzleloader , and Muzzle Blasts used to be a lot better back in the 1970's and 1980's , but they went to a color photo format , and the mags have less dialog in them. I really don't care for photographs , but do like information. Think some of the old knowledgable writers just got too old to write. Probably why the Forum was born and got popular.

This is actually a bi-monthly magazine. It is an excellent magazine and well worth the cost in my humble opinion.
I may have it confused with another magazine. I thought the name was something like Traditional Muzzleloader. But it was definitely a quarterly of that I’m sure. My favorite was the DGW Black Powder Annual. I called to order one I think in 2006 and was told they would no longer put them out because the driving force behind it had died and no one wanted to take up the reins of leadship. I only remember his first name was Butch. It was a sad day.

I may have it confused with another magazine. I thought the name was something like Traditional Muzzleloader. But it was definitely a quarterly of that I’m sure. My favorite was the DGW Black Powder Annual. I called to order one I think in 2006 and was told they would no longer put them out because the driving force behind it had died and no one wanted to take up the reins of leadship. I only remember his first name was Butch. It was a sad day.
I really enjoyed the DGW annual too.

Aside from Muzzle Blasts and Muzzleloader I can only think of Backwoodsman magazine. It often has an article or two on black powder shooting and accoutrements but it's not dedicated to the hobby or its history. I've read Muzzleloader for years and while I miss the Beth Gilgun and Mark A. Baker articles the current version has excellent historical and how-to features and wonderful photography and art. I think it is worth the cost.

By the way, Mark Baker's "A Pilgrim's Journey" (in two volumes) and Beth Gilgun's "Tidings From the 18th Century" columns are compiled as books and are great resources. Look for used copies on the usual online sites. I've never seen them on the shelves of my local used book stores.

Jeff

Back