• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lubed wad container

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grog

32 Cal.
Reaction score
For those that lube wads with some kind of oil, What do you use to carry them so oil doesn't get on everything.

After all these years I'm still using the little leather wallet on the left in this photo.

Here's a look at it with the flap folded back.

I'm lubing those fiber wads with olive oil, but letting them drain a bit before loading the wallet. Didn't take long for the excess oil to "treat" the leather, so there's been no tendency for the leather to dry out wads ever since.

Edit: I've long since swapped out the English spout on that shot flask for Irish. Much better for my needs.

Thanks, I've been using zip locks but I wanted a more HC container and had concerns about a leather one getting saturated after a while. Looks like yours is working good Brown Bear.

I am really liking using a loading block. This is with bear oil and keeps it al together without getting in a big mess in the shooting bag. Seems like it the oil keeps to the block.

Daniel

Older Altoids tin with the paint burned off.
Don't like the newer ones because they have raised lettering in the lid. Some people peen the letters out and make it look good.

I also use General Altoid's Snuff Tins. ;-)

The little one is my tool tin (with a cotton bag inside so they don't rattle). This is what they look like when you peen out the raised lettering.
HPIM2714.jpg

For cartridges, too.

DSCN0119.jpg

Back