• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Looking for .575 minieballs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking to buy some minieballs of .575 diameter, I would strongly prefer them to be sized and lubed already, I don't really care if the lube is historically accurate or not, as long as it sticks the bullet and it works, Thanks.

Good luck. Most us cast them larger then lube and size them after. If you can find som locally that would be best. They tend to get banged up in shipping as they are rather thin skirted normally. If you could find some thick skirted minies that might work anyway.

Good luck. Most us cast them larger then lube and size them after. If you can find som locally that would be best. They tend to get banged up in shipping as they are rather thin skirted normally. If you could find some thick skirted minies that might work anyway.
Aslong as I can thumb load them i don't mind the thick skirted.

I have no idea where to look locally for something like that.

Aslong as I can thumb load them i don't mind the thick skirted.
Yes. That’s the reason for sizing them. I have a George Gompf mold that drops a hollow based .580 wadcutter that I size down to .575 for that perfect fit. But I don’t have minies. Lee makes a 575-611 mold that should work. Can probably find on eBay.

I am looking to buy some minieballs of .575 diameter, I would strongly prefer them to be sized and lubed already, I don't really care if the lube is historically accurate or not, as long as it sticks the bullet and it works, Thanks.
Contact Pat Kaboski at lodgewood.com or through NSSA. He can do it for you, maybe send an assortment of types and diameters to see what shoots best.

Back