• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED WANTED: .575 MINIEBALLS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Still looking to buy .575 diameter minie balls. Dixie gunworks is 50 something cents a round but they are out of stock. And other sites have them at almost a dollar a round. I'd like to buy some from a member here at a reasonable price. Looking to buy 100 minimum.

If you plan to do some serious shooting, get a lead pot and a mold. It's not that difficult, really. Some fellers here sell pure lead ingots or get it locally.

Have you pin gauged the bore to see if .575 is truly what you need? Ideal Minie Ball should be .001-.002" under land to land bore diameter.

My Armi Sport 1861 Springfield needs .578 while my 1841 Mississippi (circa 1964 Navy Arms) needs .574. A rifle musket has to be matched to the properly sized Minie ball to perform properly.

If you plan to do some serious shooting, get a lead pot and a mold. It's not that difficult, really. Some fellers here sell pure lead ingots or get it locally.

Have you pin gauged the bore to see if .575 is truly what you need? Ideal Minie Ball should be .001-.002" under land to land bore diameter.

My Armi Sport 1861 Springfield needs .578 while my 1841 Mississippi (circa 1964 Navy Arms) needs .574. A rifle musket has to be matched to the properly sized Minie ball to perform properly.
My enfield likes .575 and yes I plan on getting a mold eventually but I don't have any connections for lead. You gotta be quick on the draw for lead ingots sometimes the classifieds are sold out in minutes on here. I've never casted or worked with lead before so for now I'd just like to find someone to buy the minieballs from.

Latest posts

Back