long flexible bore light

Discussion in 'Shooting Accessories Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by pamtnman, Aug 19, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 19, 2019 #1

pamtnman

pamtnman

pamtnman

32 Cal.

I have seen long, flexible bore lights that will go to the bottom of a muzzleloader and illuminate everything from muzzle to breech plug, but I cannot locate one. Any suggestions are most appreciated, thanks!
    PA

2. Aug 19, 2019 #2

bubba.50

bubba.50

bubba.50

54 Cal.

Lizard cam at wallyworld for 40 bucks.

Or the lead with a usb end for about ten bucks.

pamtnman likes this.
  3. Aug 19, 2019 #3

Rudyard

Rudyard

Rudyard

40 cal - b

In some 2$ type shops or Chineese ones they offer a small 2" by 3/8" or so novelty torch it has a red lazer but also a bright clear light activated by small buttons these if surrounded by a thin cartridge covering of slit open brass will adapt to serve as a bore light unimpeded by any wire its better suited to 50 cal being more difficult to allow 45 cals due to the cartridge case 'switch' .And definatly usefull . Rudyard

pamtnman likes this.
  4. Aug 19, 2019 #4

pamtnman

pamtnman

pamtnman

32 Cal.

The inspection cameras will probably do the trick, but the good ones are expensive. Daggonit but there was a "Lightning Rod Bore Light" and some others that were similar, and now I cannot find them. They were pretty inexpensive and durable...

5. Aug 19, 2019 #5

OldRust

OldRust

OldRust

36 Cl. MLF Supporter

These illuminate well for me. You angle the barrel and drop it down the bore.
    If you have the breechplug removed you can thread it on the end of a cleaning rod. They are from RMC and run about about $11.00

https://rmcoxyoke.com/product/rmc-muzzleloading-bore-light-2/

I have not seen a long gooseneck style that you ask about.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

pamtnman likes this.
  6. Aug 19, 2019 #6

pamtnman

pamtnman

pamtnman

32 Cal.

Oldrust, thank you. If I get the breech plug off my gun, it means I have wrecked that gun forever. Trying to avoid that situation by finding a way to see what the heck happened down there, so the barrel does not have to come off. Don't ask! Bubba's suggestion for an endoscope inspection camera is a good one and I have spent 45 minutes poking through fake reviews for them on Amazon and homedespot. For the right price, which to me is $100 and under, I can rationalize buying one. They have so many other uses

7. Aug 19, 2019 #7

Blogman

Blogman

Blogman

Pilgrim MLF Supporter

pamtnman likes this.
  8. Aug 19, 2019 #8

jdw276

jdw276

jdw276

40 Cal.

Endoscope. Uses wi fi on your phone, cable about 15 feet so should get to the breech plug on most muzleloaders. Camera and light, amazon search, $25 and up.

pamtnman likes this.
  9. Aug 19, 2019 #9

pamtnman

pamtnman

pamtnman

32 Cal.

Blogman challenge is that where I spend most of my time, there’s no WiFi.

10. Aug 19, 2019 #10

OldRust

OldRust

OldRust

36 Cl. MLF Supporter

The endoscope cameras are great. I have one that attaches to my iPhone that I use in my home shop.
    For a less complicated inspection or when shopping for muzzleloaders I use one of these little brass RMC lights for bore inspection.
    I may have miss-stated. You turn it on and drop it down the bore. Its not necessary to remove the breech plug. It is IF you have the plug removed you can attach to a cleaning rod.

Here is a better example of the light. http://www.octobercountry.com/rmc-bore-light/ Thanks

pamtnman and jdw276 like this.
  11. Aug 19, 2019 #11

jdw276

jdw276

jdw276

40 Cal.

The one i have has a wi fi in it. So you turn it on, it creates its own wi fi signal, then installing the software on your phone, ipad, nook etc, the device picks up the internal signal from the scope as if it is a wi fi hot spot anywhere you are trying to get the internet. Making the connection then on your phone or other device it reveals the picture feed as a camera, video feed. I am techy challanged, but having a cellphone and the scope i have is all you need. Internet access is not required. Good luck.

pamtnman likes this.
  12. Aug 19, 2019 #12

Dan Masson

Dan Masson

Dan Masson

36 Cl. MLF Supporter

13. Aug 19, 2019 #13

pamtnman

pamtnman

pamtnman

32 Cal.

JDW & Dan, thank you both. I had thought the cellphone endoscopes needed a separate WiFi. That’ll be awfully tough in the barn...but for those low prices, it’s worth the risk. I had moved on to the handheld scopes, which cost $75-$250. I still might go with one of those because their lights are probably brighter than what the iPhone can power.
    Dan, I use www.duckduckgo.com because google is not our friend.

OldRust likes this.
  14. Aug 19, 2019 #14

pamtnman

pamtnman

pamtnman

32 Cal.

Got it. Thank you. And the iPhone scope has a strong enough light? That seems to be an issue with many scopes.

15. Aug 21, 2019 #15

Dwight Rutherford

Dwight Rutherford

Dwight Rutherford

40 Cal. MLF Supporter

Take a look on Amazon at the “Teslong rifle bore scope” for $50.00.

pamtnman likes this.
  16. Aug 22, 2019 #16

pamtnman

pamtnman

pamtnman

32 Cal.

Thanks, Dwight, I will do that right now

17. Aug 22, 2019 #17

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

If you find something that makes you happy don't forget to tell us about it in this ad so I can close it.

pamtnman likes this.
  18. Aug 22, 2019 #18

pamtnman

pamtnman

pamtnman

32 Cal.

I settled on the Shekar camera. It is the best combination of attributes and price ($74 with tax) for my needs. Big selling point is the 21 caliber diameter, which obviously fits in a 22 caliber barrel and all the way up to the .577. Has the camera recording, three light settings etc. No software to put on my phone or computer; there are too many stories about Chinese spying on us through technology and the applications it needs to function. It would really bother me to know that some Chinese guys are sitting over there watching me blunder about trying to fix my rifle...Right now my cleaning jag is stuck in the bottom of a .54 flintlock barrel after unthreading from the cleaning rod while cleaning the gun after a pretty impressive shoot. The jag has a bunch of rags on it, and boy, it felt great going in...'really gonna be squeaky clean', my mind said...and now it is stuck at the bottom. The cleaning rod end can't reconnect with the jag threads because of all the rags in the way. Hopefully the camera and its handy little tools will allow me to manipulate the rags and line up the jag threads for coupling. So thank you to everyone for helping me with his subject!

jdw276 likes this.
  19. Aug 22, 2019 #19

pamtnman

pamtnman

pamtnman

32 Cal.

bore camera should arrive in a few days, and i will report back here as soon as i use it. the camera has a warning "not for personal use."
    i read that and laughed hard. no camera needed to go poking around to see i'm full of it. i know i am!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.