• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see some flintlock pistols!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago I made a powder horn for a man that made beautiful flintlock guns. He must have seen something in me that I didn't know I had and sent me a block of wood, a barrel, and a lock that didn't work too good, with the admonition, just make the #$%^ D&#% thing right. I bought a trigger guard and fabricated the rest. I had no idea what I was doing and still don't know where this might fit in any historical era, if at all. I still get get a kick out of making guns and hopefully have gotten a little better at it. Thank you Tom for all the joy I have experienced in 'Americas first art form'.
View attachment 98944
View attachment 98945
View attachment 98946
View attachment 98947
View attachment 98948
In this state, if you have the components to load a black powder hand gun in your home you have to register it on your pistol permit. I engraved No. 1 on it for a serial number.
Robby
very nice!

Made this for Dad, in the last year of his life. Made the lock (not so well) from a kit of castings, started w a 9" octagon bbl "turned" it round, slightly tapered & swamped, with my file. Really don't care for machinery. To save $$, the silver inlays are two-piece, a thinner silver one soldered to a thicker brass inlay the same shape. The pistol is in a Kuntz style.
View attachment 99016
View attachment 99017
Old Geezer with a file
nice.

Here are two Japanese tower pistols the first bought at 2nd hand store and the bottom one at a gun show. Note the fine carving and thinning of the bottom guns stock.
I for one rely like them & have 7 of them. they are real heavy clunkers, but they all seem to be real good sparkers., and good shooters. I also have one that is made in KOREA! thanks for showing them.

12 ga pistol made in Germany, Aluminum lock plate

1635339850888.jpeg

This is (was) a Moroko (Japanese) pistol I got back in 1974. My first black powder gun > it was a typical of the time, pretty poorly done. I decided to do an upgrade project on it - I used the lock (after I remade the broken main spring) and purchased a stock blank that I gussied up. The barrel was a mess - with a very long direct drilled touch hole. So I also drilled out the long (whoosh - wait for it - bang!) touch hole and installed a liner. Shoots nice now (flash/bang) Very accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 69
  • PTDC0023.JPG
    PTDC0023.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1342.JPG
    IMG_1342.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 59
  • PTDC0024.JPG
    PTDC0024.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 58
When this thread was active, I couldn't find where I'd hidden this one (from myself!): It's a sort of Continental Officer's pistol, 20 bore, with cherry wood stock and belt clip, by Claude (Pappy) Suffolk, and signed by him. It's one of my favorite shooters, and shoots very well...DSC01148.JPGDSC01154.JPGDSC01153.JPG

mhb - MIke

12 ga pistol made in Germany, Aluminum lock plate

View attachment 101366
WOW!! I once owned one of those. Bought it new at Cline's Sporting Goods in a Chicago suburb in 1964. Paid around $35.00 for it as I recall. Shot blanks with it in the back yard. I was 14 then. Cleaned the barrel with an old baby bottle brush and one of those surplus .50 caliber machine gun cleaning rods.
Believe the gun was marked Hy-Hunter.

Back