• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock pistol by "Frandz Breiden Feiter" around 1800.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
First of all, sorry for my English. I'm not the best English writer. Here is a little post about a flintlock pistol I own:

This historical flintlock pistol was probably made around 1800 by "Frandz Breiden Feiter". The lock plate, cock and top of the barrel are richly decorated with figurative and arabesque ornamentation, emphasising the aesthetics and elegance of the piece. The flora wood carving of the receiver gives the pistol a natural and organic feel, while the ornamental thumb plate provides additional visual appeal. The brass ramrod holder is ornately laced, indicating the care and attention to detail that went into the making of this magnificent piece. Overall, the flintlock pistol is an impressive example of the craftsmanship and aesthetics of gunmaking around 1800.

What do you think of the pistol?

With best regards from Germany, Frederick

Attachments

• image00002.jpeg
    image00002.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • image00003.jpeg
    image00003.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image00004.jpeg
    image00004.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image00005.jpeg
    image00005.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • image00006.jpeg
    image00006.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image00007.jpeg
    image00007.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image00008.jpeg
    image00008.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image00009.jpeg
    image00009.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
That is a splendid pistol! If you did not provide a date for it, I would have guessed earlier than 1800, maybe 1740 or so. It’s just so classic looking! Thanks for sharing the photos and please feel free to share more pictures of your pistol.
Your English is very good by the way 👍🏻

Hello,
First of all, sorry for my English. I'm not the best English writer. Here is a little post about a flintlock pistol I own:

This historical flintlock pistol was probably made around 1800 by "Frandz Breiden Feiter". The lock plate, cock and top of the barrel are richly decorated with figurative and arabesque ornamentation, emphasising the aesthetics and elegance of the piece. The flora wood carving of the receiver gives the pistol a natural and organic feel, while the ornamental thumb plate provides additional visual appeal. The brass ramrod holder is ornately laced, indicating the care and attention to detail that went into the making of this magnificent piece. Overall, the flintlock pistol is an impressive example of the craftsmanship and aesthetics of gunmaking around 1800.

What do you think of the pistol?

With best regards from Germany, Frederick
Outstanding craftsmanship, IMHO. Also, your English is certainly much better than my German! LOL,LOL,

Latest posts

Back