• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtHoot

Pappy’s Mountain Majesty
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
For some unknown reason, all of the sudden I am getting a hankering for a flintlock pistol. I have been an avid flintlock hunter since I built my first kit rifle in 1972, And have added 4 others to my collection since. I rarely hunt with my modern rifles at all anymore. Pretty much an exclusive muzzler! That being said, unfortunately for me every single weapon I own has been made and manufactured in the USA, so I would like to know if anyone knows of a Kibler like manufacturer here in the States that sells pistol kits, if you used them, and your successful ending… thanks all!

As far as I know there is not a Kibler-like kit, one that is mostly done for you. I just completed a Kentucky pistol from Clay Smith. His kit is very nice, but not just a “snap together” project. I have built many guns over my life and I found this “kit” to be of great quality and mostly good parts. With most (0utside of Kibler’s) the inlets are undersized and require fitting. Holes are drilled for the lock in the stock, but not tapped in the lock itself. Not an issue if you have done this step before. I think Muzzleloaders Builders Supply has a “Kit”. You might want to look there also. Good fortune in your quest.
25A464E5-61CD-4F5A-9C0D-6271003F85F4.jpeg

As far as I know there is not a Kibler-like kit, one that is mostly done for you. I just completed a Kentucky pistol from Clay Smith. His kit is very nice, but not just a “snap together” project. I have built many guns over my life and I found this “kit” to be of great quality and mostly good parts. With most (0utside of Kibler’s) the inlets are undersized and require fitting. Holes are drilled for the lock in the stock, but not tapped in the lock itself. Not an issue if you have done this step before. I think Muzzleloaders Builders Supply has a “Kit”. You might want to look there also. Good fortune in your quest.
View attachment 301684
Very nice indeed. Looks like you did an extremely well job. Thanks for the advice, I will definitely look into that!

Maybe posting the question in the "Handguns" section instead of the section on help and questions regarding the forum itself might produce more answers.
Wow haven’t heard from you in ages. Hopefully you’re doing well. Thanks will do. Even after all this time on the forum, I still contemplate what section to post a thread in! I guess I just have to settle for being forum illiterate…. Good thing I have friends like you that mentor me in direction..👍

Wow haven’t heard from you in ages. Hopefully you’re doing well. Thanks will do. Even after all this time on the forum, I still contemplate what section to post a thread in! I guess I just have to settle for being forum illiterate…. Good thing I have friends like you that mentor me in direction..👍
One would think the moderators would move it so you would get the best use of the forum.

I've been on some where they would do it automatically and notify the person who's post it was that they had done so.

Chamber's offers a pistol kit. not quiet a drop in the parts kit but most of the work is done and you do the final fitting. They are a good quality kit.

Muzzleloader Builder’s Supply sells kits. Pecatonica River does as well. Here are ones I made using both companies.

Attachments

• Brace 1.jpg
    Brace 1.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 0
  • Brace 2.jpg
    Brace 2.jpg
    728 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9661.jpg
    IMG_9661.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9663.jpg
    IMG_9663.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • brace 1.jpg
    brace 1.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 0
  • brace 2.jpg
    brace 2.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 0
They did move it today. I received no notification though?
I hope you find the answers you're looking for. Sorry I can't help more.
The pistol I have was built from a kit (poorly) but I did not build it. There is some debate as to who's kit is was.
Either an old Northstar West kit or a Sitting Fox, I don't think either is available anymore.

I hope you find the answers you're looking for. Sorry I can't help more.
The pistol I have was built from a kit (poorly) but I did not build it. There is some debate as to who's kit is was.
Either an old Northstar West kit or a Sitting Fox, I don't think either is available anymore.
That’s absolutely fine. I get around a bit for a tired sick ole mule. So we’ll just keep on searching, I guess I suppose I was taking a manure shoot, people with good intentions are recommending our Italian made……… weapons…. I just can’t bring myself to buy anything imported in my weapon inventory.

They did move it today. I received no notification though?
Each day I receive a what did you do today? When I click on most other subjects in that notification it get this: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." What gives? Either explain why and post a workaround or stop with doing that. Also, while I'm here two other problems: 1) I'm hit by multiple popup ads that block each and every page I click on. Right now I'm typing around two such blocking ads having nothing whatever to do with this site. 2) I wish to know where on this site is the link to the index so that I can find major categories such as work bench and for sell or trade.

Last edited:
Each day I receive a what did you do today? When I click on most other subjects in that notification it get this: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." What gives? Either explain why and post a workaround or stop with doing that. Also, while I'm here two other problems: 1) I'm hit by multiple popup ads that block each and every page I click on. Right now I'm typing around two such blocking ads having nothing whatever to do with this site. 2) I wish to know where on this site is the link to the index so that I can find major categories such as work bench and for sell or trade.
I asked the same question before I became a supporting member. Those error messages never happened after that. There are some parts only supporters can see. They pop up on the list but won’t be available.

Latest posts

Back