• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Leaving pellets in muzzleloader - how long?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen a guy put a cap on his gun and fire it in a closet before he got in my truck to go hunting. Actually i was sittin in my truck waiting for him. He came out yelling for me to help him. Dang smoke was every where in there.woke his wife and kids up. All the screaming and yelling. I asked him why he did that his reply was that he needed to have a dirty bore.his muzzleloader was still loaded from the weekend hunt. Needless to say he didnt go hunting that day. Wife put a stop to his hunting.

I bet she was after him to up the amount on his life insurance policy before he left the house again. 😉

I always put tape over the muzzle of my rifles when I go hunting. You never know when something can fall out of a tree you're leaning it up against (or the sky) and get in there, which includes snow or rain drops. Or you could slip when walking with it and jam the muzzle in to the mud. Sure it looks sort of dorky and non-PC, but hunting isn't a beauty contest. Save that for the range.

I bet she was after him to up the amount on his life insurance policy before he left the house again. 😉

I always put tape over the muzzle of my rifles when I go hunting. You never know when something can fall out of a tree you're leaning it up against (or the sky) and get in there, which includes snow or rain drops. Or you could slip when walking with it and jam the muzzle in to the mud. Sure it looks sort of dorky and non-PC, but hunting isn't a beauty contest. Save that for the range.
lol to this day now he still dont hunt

If you run a dry patch before you load then your powder wont turn to pellets. But if your powder has turned to pellets then I would unload and clean right away!
And don't oil so heavy, not needed.

I used to gather some of those of the appropriate size (moose) to use as cushion wads in my SG and TG. I just trimmed the ends more or less square before loading over a card. I particularly loved it when doing demos for various youth groups; It put a whole new meaning to the phrase 'Shootin' the s***!'

Seen a guy put a cap on his gun and fire it in a closet before he got in my truck to go hunting. Actually i was sittin in my truck waiting for him. He came out yelling for me to help him. Dang smoke was every where in there.woke his wife and kids up. All the screaming and yelling. I asked him why he did that his reply was that he needed to have a dirty bore.his muzzleloader was still loaded from the weekend hunt. Needless to say he didnt go hunting that day. Wife put a stop to his hunting.
Lots of folks and things get shot by 'unloaded' guns. I never try to save a load.

Back