• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Laser lighting a bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walrus

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just a tip. If you want to see to the end of a clean barrel - try a laser light. It's a bit fiddly but it can be done and it at least shows the rifling etc and if all the clinker is gone from the end of the barrel.
A bore light is better but doesn't show that last bit at the bottom.
A laser such as a pointer (mine came from a $2 shop!)is sufficient.
Let's know if you find it helpful - maybe heaps of others have "discovered" this before me - but if not - go to it.

I have one of those laser pointer/pet toy. My cat loves to chase the red dot. I never thought of shining it down the bore. I usually use a drop in bore light.

HD

An LED light is better than a laser, since it will be a white light, rather than red or green. I have no difficulty seeing the breech plug in a 42 in. barrel with a single LED light with a flexible gooseneck. It was cheaper than a laser too: you can find them online for around $10, batteries included.

Huntin Dawg said:
I have one of those laser pointer/pet toy. My cat loves to chase the red dot. I never thought of shining it down the bore. I usually use a drop in bore light.

HD
My dog caught that spot one day, and savaged it. When I went to see what he had, it was a little piece of wood next to the stove. We don't play that game anymore, I let him think he killed it. :grin:

Hey .......... good thinking. One of those lights fishermen use for changing flies and lures at night perhaps. I can imagine it would work well. :grin:

Latest posts

Back