• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lancaster question.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I've almost got my late lancaster finished. It has all brass furniture.including pipes and nose cap.It has a nice brass patchbox. My question is would you put barrel pin escutians on it ? If yes I was thinking of German silver small pointed end ovals.
I like silver on the forearm instead of brass.
I do like just the forearm plane also. The cheek piece will have a German silver star.
What do you think?
Yes or go with the old Less is more? Bottom gun of course.
Thankyou

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230318_211905_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230318_211905_Gallery.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Here ya gov58 caliber. I actually decided against the forearm inlays. Just stained it.
Here's about 4 to 6 pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_184313.jpg
    IMG_20230320_184313.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230320_184242.jpg
    IMG_20230320_184242.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
I don't understand all the changes and furniture that changes the names. Anyway I stained it but I probably will put the cheekpiece german silver star in. Getting it in won't be a problem. I can get it real close and maybe not even sand. If I do have to sand. I will already have a template I can cut some blue masking tape stars and put a couple layers over the wood and just sand the star and polish it. What do you think?

Back