• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found it

“WOODSRUNNER"
  • Inspired by an original rifle, commonly referred to as the "Woodsrunner" which many believe to have been made in the valley in Virginia during the 1760s.
  • Reminiscent of a true frontier rifle
  • Weight 7 ½ to 8 Lbs.
  • Barrel Length 39 ¾”
  • .45, .50, .54 caliber
  • Nicely Swamped Barrel
  • Pull 13 3/8 to 13 ½
  • Cast-off 3/16"
  • Cherry, Walnut, Maple, Fancy Maple, Extra Fancy Maple
  • Kibler Round-Faced English Lock
  • Sliding Wood Patchbox Only
  • Brass Hardware
  • Single Trigger
  • Very handy and easy to carry
  • Customer Supplied Wood needs to be 57” long and 2 ¼” thick

Wonder if they do lefties??? Probably not 🙄.

RM

How is the weight and balance of your .32????
It balances real well for me and the weight and distribution of that weight makes it a joy to carry even with my hands needing surgery. I haven’t shot it but a couple of times because of said hand problems. Surgery already scheduled for both.

I put myself on the pre-order but I haven't heard from Ms Lori so I went and put one in my cart on the site. Jim's release said they were a couple months out so that gives me time to mow lawns and collect pop cans on the side of the road to bring up the gun fund.
Seems like I have to have a project on the bench or things just ain't right.

I put myself on the pre-order but I haven't heard from Ms Lori so I went and put one in my cart on the site. Jim's release said they were a couple months out so that gives me time to mow lawns and collect pop cans on the side of the road to bring up the gun fund.
Seems like I have to have a project on the bench or things just ain't right.

Maybe it’s the wacky world? I love to get my “gun zen” going with a project. Helps me relax.

This sounds like the flintlock rifle I've been wanting. Wow... a precarved stock with exactly the right length of pull, and the perfect barrel length.

However, my computer simply will not pull up the Kibler Longrifles website. I've done a Google search and clicked on the various "hits," and I have typed in the URL that is shown in Mr. Kibler's ads in MUZZLELOADER magazine. Every time, I get a page that either says the website is unavailable or does not exist. This is not the firewall telling me it's a dangerous website, just the white page that says the site does not exist or they can't connect. Conspiracy theorists need not comment... I don't think this is an anti-gun strategy. Google and Explorer have no problem pulling up other gun-related sites or completing extensive gun-related searches. It's only been a problem with the Kibler website. Not just today, either.

Can someone please post a trusted, sure-fire, working link to the Kibler Longrifles website?

Thanks!

Notchy Bob

This sounds like the flintlock rifle I've been wanting. Wow... a precarved stock with exactly the right length of pull, and the perfect barrel length.

However, my computer simply will not pull up the Kibler Longrifles website. I've done a Google search and clicked on the various "hits," and I have typed in the URL that is shown in Mr. Kibler's ads in MUZZLELOADER magazine. Every time, I get a page that either says the website is unavailable or does not exist. This is not the firewall telling me it's a dangerous website, just the white page that says the site does not exist or they can't connect. Conspiracy theorists need not comment... I don't think this is an anti-gun strategy. Google and Explorer have no problem pulling up other gun-related sites or completing extensive gun-related searches. It's only been a problem with the Kibler website. Not just today, either.

Can someone please post a trusted, sure-fire, working link to the Kibler Longrifles website?

Thanks!

Notchy Bob

https://kiblerslongrifles.com/
RM

@Rod Man

Thanks for the link! However, I think it's a problem with or between servers. I still get the same "Can't Reach this Page" display. I tried it on my iPhone with the same result, and then tried typing in the URL on my iPhone, and got the "Dangerous Website" display with the big "X." So, I think it's a server issue. My brother retired from 35 years in the computer industry and he's pretty good with troubleshooting. I'll bring him in on this. I don't want to hijack the thread with my personal computer issues.

Let's get back to talking about that rifle!

Notchy Bob

@Rod Man

Thanks for the link! However, I think it's a problem with or between servers. I still get the same "Can't Reach this Page" display. I tried it on my iPhone with the same result, and then tried typing in the URL on my iPhone, and got the "Dangerous Website" display with the big "X." So, I think it's a server issue. My brother retired from 35 years in the computer industry and he's pretty good with troubleshooting. I'll bring him in on this. I don't want to hijack the thread with my personal computer issues.

Let's get back to talking about that rifle!

Notchy Bob
Try using another browser. Firefox sometimes blocks a website but Safari or Internet Explorer would open it.

Here’s a picture from the Kibler website for Notchy Bob:

Attachments

• AEE6D64C-8232-4738-BD66-9E8483482D25.png
    AEE6D64C-8232-4738-BD66-9E8483482D25.png
    406.9 KB · Views: 80
Thank you, @Kabulrocks ! I appreciate the picture.

@oreclan , from what I have been able to gather, the Woodsrunner has a shorter barrel, by about three and a half inches. The length of pull is shorter, and it is available in a smaller caliber for those who want it.

I'm not an expert on longrifles, but it is my understanding that the distinctive "schools" of design really became fully developed in the "Golden Age" right after the Revolutionary War up to about the time of Lewis and Clark. Mr. Kibler's Colonial and Woodsrunner rifles date from an earlier time. However, it appears to me that the Colonial shows more Lancaster characteristics, particularly in the shape of the buttstock. The comb is much straighter:

Kibler Colonial.jpg

The original Woodsrunner was believed to have come from the Valley of Virginia, so it might be considered an early southern rifle. If you look at the image in @Kabulrocks ' post, you can see some subtle differences in the comb and the toe line. It also looks a bit slimmer, to me.

I can appreciate that the differences are very subtle. However, I think the most salient difference to shooters and hunters (and smaller fellows, like myself) will be that the Woodsrunner is slightly scaled down in size from the Colonial.

That's my take on it. I would love to read comments from some of the more knowledgeable students of the longrifle.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

I think there is more to it than just shorting the barrel. If that's all there is to it I don't think it would be taking them so long to get it into production.

I have been waiting on a fowler and he brings this out first... decision decision. I have the colonial already do i need the little brother?
And then there is need verses want .

Latest posts

Back