• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Kibler woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found it

“WOODSRUNNER"
  • Inspired by an original rifle, commonly referred to as the "Woodsrunner" which many believe to have been made in the valley in Virginia during the 1760s.
  • Reminiscent of a true frontier rifle
  • Weight 7 ½ to 8 Lbs.
  • Barrel Length 39 ¾”
  • .45, .50, .54 caliber
  • Nicely Swamped Barrel
  • Pull 13 3/8 to 13 ½
  • Cast-off 3/16"
  • Cherry, Walnut, Maple, Fancy Maple, Extra Fancy Maple
  • Kibler Round-Faced English Lock
  • Sliding Wood Patchbox Only
  • Brass Hardware
  • Single Trigger
  • Very handy and easy to carry
  • Customer Supplied Wood needs to be 57” long and 2 ¼” thick

The single trigger is very cool.

Simple and easy to use. As someone mentioned, ideal for hunting. The modest length 39 3/4” swamped barrel should be great for woods use, and available in up to .54 caliber, this has the making of an excellent huntsman’s rifle for game of up to and including bears of the black persuasion.

Quoted weight of just over 7lbs for the .54 should make for a dandy handling easily carried rifle. Even better, it’s mentioned that even more precise CNC machining is being used on the Woodsrunner, making this even easier for the novice to complete.

Life priorities have my hands tied or I’d be ordering one in a blink of an eye!

The only thing that might be ”better” would be the fowler kit. I held off on the Colonial, having put it in my cart multiple times because I really would prefer a fowler, but the Woodswalker‘s single trigger, shorter LOP and barrel length are too good to pass up exactly for the reasons you mention Smokey Plainsman. My WW will be fancy maple and .54 caliber.

I got on the preorder list a couple months ago. Just finished up my Kibler SMR in 32caliber and am like a hungry dawg looking thru the windows at the meat market at a ten pound steak looking at the Woodsrunner.
I hope Jim doesn’t come out with a Fowler right now as well cause I’m liable to start selling blood or something

I got on the preorder list a couple months ago. Just finished up my Kibler SMR in 32caliber and am like a hungry dawg looking thru the windows at the meat market at a ten pound steak looking at the Woodsrunner.
I hope Jim doesn’t come out with a Fowler right now as well cause I’m liable to start selling blood or something
How is the weight and balance of your .32????

Latest posts

Back