• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler SMR & LMF Honey Maple eye candy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this Kibler SMR .40cal about 2.5 years ago I think. Been sitting in it's box patiently waiting. Today it got some more sanding and then a good coat of Laurel Mountain Forge Honey Maple stain. I wanted a lighter colored rifle and this is looking mighty fine. Just the buttstock. I'll do some more pics later. And, I promise I will try to get some better pics than my front porch workshop. If you ever wondered what honey maple looks like with no Iron Nitrate. Here you go. Also, there is no finish on this yet. I have yet to decide what to use.

IMG_3199.jpeg

IMG_3200.jpeg

If the images are a bit large, click on them and they get smaller. Weird that.
I think that looks awesome! I've been wanting to do a rifle in straight honey maple for a long time.
I just picked up a Kibler SMR with that type of figure for the sole purpose of trying that color out.
I was thinking of using a little tannic acid on it first to get a little darker contrast for that "flame look".
Thanks for posting the pics!

Latest posts

Back