• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle SMR - .45 caliber with extra fancy Maple stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Built from a Kibler SMR kit. .45 caliber. I built this about a year ago. It was purchased with the extra fancy maple stock. This is the later model Kibler built lock and swamped barrel. All of the particulars are on his website. I have never fired it. It has just been a wall hanger. Beautiful wood and build. Finish is iron nitrate and hand rubbed Permalyn sealer. All metal was darkened with Jax Black and rubbed back to give a nice weathered or French grey look. $1,500 + shipping.
IMG_2193.JPG
IMG_2195.JPG
IMG_2198.JPG
IMG_2202.JPG
IMG_2203.JPG
IMG_2192.JPG
IMG_2204.JPG
1000002394.jpg

That's very nicely done and a great price, about the same as the kit and lock alone. I'd love to buy it, but that's just not in the cards at the moment.

That's very nicely done and a great price, about the same as the kit and lock alone. I'd love to buy it, but that's just not in the cards at the moment.
You're correct. It's actually a little bit less than the kit at this point, when upgraded to the extra fancy wood. Currently would be $1,505 without taxes to get this kit, unfinished. Thanks for the compliments!

A very reasonable price. You have finished the wood dark, which seems to currently be what people want. I likes lighter stock, otherwise I'd be extremely tempted. Always loved a .45.

Built from a Kibler SMR kit. .45 caliber. I built this about a year ago. It was purchased with the extra fancy maple stock. This is the later model Kibler built lock and swamped barrel. All of the particulars are on his website. I have never fired it. It has just been a wall hanger. Beautiful wood and build. Finish is iron nitrate and hand rubbed Permalyn sealer. All metal was darkened with Jax Black and rubbed back to give a nice weathered or French grey look. $1,500 + shipping.View attachment 281260View attachment 281261View attachment 281262View attachment 281263View attachment 281264View attachment 281265View attachment 281266View attachment 281267
I will buy it, is it still available?

Built from a Kibler SMR kit. .45 caliber. I built this about a year ago. It was purchased with the extra fancy maple stock. This is the later model Kibler built lock and swamped barrel. All of the particulars are on his website. I have never fired it. It has just been a wall hanger. Beautiful wood and build. Finish is iron nitrate and hand rubbed Permalyn sealer. All metal was darkened with Jax Black and rubbed back to give a nice weathered or French grey look. $1,500 + shipping.View attachment 281260View attachment 281261View attachment 281262View attachment 281263View attachment 281264View attachment 281265View attachment 281266View attachment 281267

I would like to buy it, is it still available?

Very nice. I would probably be driving down and buying this if I had not dropped that much on tires this month. I want a flintlock bad but do not have the skills to do a kit.
I'm betting you do and suggest you look at the Woodsrunner. From what I hear it pretty much just needs the parts assembled and finished. All the chiseling and scary stuff is done.

(This from a guy that bought this rifle in .40 and found it so dang nice he has put off staining for 8-9 months!)

A very reasonable price. You have finished the wood dark, which seems to currently be what people want. I likes lighter stock, otherwise I'd be extremely tempted. Always loved a .45.
Thanks. I just used iron nitrate and it came out dark. Sometimes a manure shoot with that finish, but I really like the shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back