• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle SMR - .45 caliber with extra fancy Maple stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get some in the next day or so. The build is really nice and a lot of time and pride was taken in filing, fitting, and putting together this build. You're really bothered by those sights. LOL. Understood though. Tap them out and turn them around. I will take the three minutes and do it for the buyer before I send it if needed. The pictures are from year ago. I took them as soon as I finished the gun. I wasn't too concerned about the ramrod at that point. It was only another hour or so of work to fit the end on it and darken it. The ramrod is showing in the last picture, which was taken this week. Thanks
Did I miss the close up pictures showing details?

44" barrel from breech to muzzle.

Built from a Kibler SMR kit. .45 caliber. I built this about a year ago. It was purchased with the extra fancy maple stock. This is the later model Kibler built lock and swamped barrel. All of the particulars are on his website. I have never fired it. It has just been a wall hanger. Beautiful wood and build. Finish is iron nitrate and hand rubbed Permalyn sealer. All metal was darkened with Jax Black and rubbed back to give a nice weathered or French grey look. $1,500 + shipping.View attachment 281260View attachment 281261View attachment 281262View attachment 281263View attachment 281264View attachment 281265View attachment 281266View attachment 281267
Built from a Kibler SMR kit. .45 caliber. I built this about a year ago. It was purchased with the extra fancy maple stock. This is the later model Kibler built lock and swamped barrel. All of the particulars are on his website. I have never fired it. It has just been a wall hanger. Beautiful wood and build. Finish is iron nitrate and hand rubbed Permalyn sealer. All metal was darkened with Jax Black and rubbed back to give a nice weathered or French grey look. $1,500 + shipping.View attachment 281260View attachment 281261View attachment 281262View attachment 281263View attachment 281264View attachment 281265View attachment 281266View attachment 281267
Is that rust in the bore at the muzzle?

Bahahajaja. Fake news. Show me one example please....
This is an original George Fay Bedford county rifle. Sights are backwards. Look like they always were to me.

Attachments

• 7B8D95A0-A548-43DB-8D86-95863052FE1D.jpeg
    7B8D95A0-A548-43DB-8D86-95863052FE1D.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 0
Is that rust in the bore at the muzzle?
Yes. When I was working the color on the barrel, some got in the very end of the bore. It didn't go past the very beginning of the entrance. These pictures were taken the day after I completed it. I noticed that when I posted them. I can get a picture this evening of the barrel as it is now. That is long gone. There is no pitting or evidence of it ever having been there. It took about 2 mintures of some phosporic acid gel sitting on it and it wiped right off. That was a year ago. It still looks good now. It was properly neutralized, washed, and then oiled. Thanks!

Yes. When I was working the color on the barrel, some got in the very end of the bore. It didn't go past the very beginning of the entrance. These pictures were taken the day after I completed it. I noticed that when I posted them. I can get a picture this evening of the barrel as it is now. That is long gone. There is no pitting or evidence of it ever having been there. It took about 2 mintures of some phosporic acid gel sitting on it and it wiped right off. That was a year ago. It still looks good now. It was properly neutralized, washed, and then oiled. Thanks!
Thank you.

As I get older, my near vision is deteriorating rapidly. I've not been able to get used to progressive lenses. Every little fraction of an inch further away helps me to see better, and is less strain on my eyes.
When I first got progressive lenses they would make me feel seasick. I had to only wear them for very short periods of time and over a few months stretched the time out longer and longer until one day I realized I had them on the entire day.

I’d be interested in buying your rifle. How much is shipping to Inwood WV 25428?
Looks like it would be in the $75 range. I can cap it at that if you're interested in a full price purchase. I won't charge more than that but it might also be less too. Thanks for the interest.
I’ll buy it for that price. That’s more than fair. I’m heading to St. Louis Jan. 10-14. I can have a certified check in the mail on the 16th.

Thank you.
See the pictures below for the muzzle bore and the inletting of parts. The last picture shows a small chip at the butt plate. I had forgotten about it until taking the pictures. It didn't bother me when I built it because I had no intention of selling it. Obviously that has changed now. I include it for full disclosure. I did leave the butt plate a little proud to help protect from further chips or breaks. Thanks

IMG_20240109_165552613_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240109_165602647_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240105_131537527.jpg
IMG_20240105_131540903.jpg
IMG_20240105_131555321.jpg
IMG_20240105_131652459.jpg
IMG_20240105_131655686.jpg
IMG_20240105_131703333.jpg

See the pictures below for the muzzle bore and the inletting of parts. The last picture shows a small chip at the butt plate. I had forgotten about it until taking the pictures. It didn't bother me when I built it because I had no intention of selling it. Obviously that has changed now. I include it for full disclosure. I did leave the butt plate a little proud to help protect from further chips or breaks. Thanks

View attachment 283997View attachment 283998View attachment 283999View attachment 284000View attachment 284001View attachment 284002View attachment 284003View attachment 284004
Thank you. That looks real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back